Site Merchandising Director, City Grocery Jet.com
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1423500
What you'll do at
Site Merchandising Director, City Grocery Jet.com
The Director of Site Merchandiser is responsible for leading the strategy, innovation and development of our customer experience for Jets Urban Grocery experience. Your ultimate goal is to understand “Lizzy”, the Jet core consumer, and use this knowledge to help curate and merchandise the ideal assortment while creating the optimal shopping experience within grocery for Jet City Grocery. This role will collaborate with category teams, marketing, product and some suppliers. The right candidate will be an influential leader, demonstrate a winning attitude, be flexible, action and results oriented, analytical and self-starting.
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
- Meeting the needs of our customers: stay abreast of the competition and learn the latest tools and technology to analyze data and insights at scale.
- Executing the optimal shopping experience: create grocery specific engagement via site merchandising, marketing, landing pages, story-telling, solution oriented experiences, proper reviews and personalization.
- Support Sub Category Perfection: proper taxonomy, attribution, basic & enhanced content as well as strategies to improve SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Leadership: Lead and develop a site merchandising team that collaborates across the organization to deliver site merchandising perfection.
- Identify and develop a site merchandising strategy for city grocery that simplifies the total shopping experience and results in increased buyers, AOV, Conversion, Repeat, Retention and the delivery if site/sales goals.
- Collaborate across multiple stakeholders including product, marketing and category to influence the product road map, develop marketing plans to improve sales, and create experiences that accentuate our unique value proposition.
- Execute online customer experiences throughout all devices, from desktop to mobile, including apps.
- Oversee the visual merchandising presentation for the Home page and other global pages, seasonal events, and corporate campaigns to best respond to customer demand and convert visits into sales.
- Work closely with campaign and program leads and cross-functional partners (including Design, Copy & Content, Marketing, Merchandising and Engineering teams) to align on seasonal program strategies and plans.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in metrics and data analytic programs and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
You’re a risk taker—a dreamer that delivers. You have big ideas and can implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends to know what’s happening in the food and grocery world. You have a passion for innovation at the intersection of Food and eCommerce. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
- Functional Competencies:
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated proficiency in general business disciplines
- Analytical and deductive reasoning skills
- Stickler for process and organized project management
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Entrepreneurial mindset: belief in bold ideas and the power of creative thinking to get to “yes”
- Bias for action: desire to test concepts in the field quickly
- Deep passion for Food and eCommerce
- Great team player and collaborator
- Interpersonal Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to effectively build and manage relationships
- Proven strength in both oral and written communication skills, including the ability to develop and deliver presentations to senior management and large groups in a professional, concise and direct manner
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources
- Creative problem solver that can identify sources of information from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive, balanced & actionable analysis
- Fundamentally kind to others
- Leadership Competencies:
- Ability to model Walmart’s three core values: Respect for the individual, Service to our customers, Strive for excellence
- The ability to anticipate business issues & influence managerial attention
- Ability to clearly state the vision and then successfully translate that vision into executable steps
- 10 Years+ eCommerce Experience within retail, Web build, Visual Merchandising
- Experienced Leader. Managing teams of 10-15 directs and leading cross functional teams.
- Experience working in content management systems and a clear understanding of eCommerce marketing and how to create marketing strategies that deliver topline growth.
- 5+ Years experience with Omniture, Web analytics, customer metrics, KPIs and financials, A/B testing
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, mobile apps, responsive design
- Consulting background or prior strategy role. Experience identifying opportunities, developing 360 business strategy and managing a matrix to deliver business results.
- Analytical with strong financial acumen. Ability to run analysis on new business models to assess viability of new business development solutions.
- Bonus: Understanding and experience working with Walmart online grocery pick up, store operations, key stakeholders and systems.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents