Category Specialist Lead - Cosmetics
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1422437
What you'll do at
About the Role
What You’ll Do
Learn to Run an eCommerce Business from Day One
• Be trained in all required skills, tools and systems to own your category through our immersive 12-week training program
• Be mentored by experienced leaders and industry experts who will advise and help you succeed
• Be part of a cohort: join a group of best-in-class peers growing and learning alongside you
Grow Your Category and Deliver an Incredible Shopping Experience
• Have It: Provide the best assortment of products for our customers. Manage and monitor onboarding and item set up process to make sure products are available and ready to sell.
• Find It: Ensure customers can easily browse and find the products they want. Improve navigation experience (browse/search) by managing and enhancing product attributes and taxonomy.
• Display It: Attract customers through compelling messaging and visual merchandising. Manage item and category pages including product imagery, rating reviews, basic and enhanced content.
• Price It: Optimize item and category pricing, providing competitive pricing for our customers. Manage product margins and benchmark competitors.
• Deliver It: Work cross-functionally to ensure customers receive their products quickly and efficiently. Create a cohesive experience between online shopping and the physical product.
• Optimize It: Rinse and repeat. Conduct regular analysis of category performance, identifying key trends and improvement opportunities. Work with cross functional teams (across marketing, product and supply chain) to execute initiatives to optimize category performance.
How You’ll Work
• You own it: Category Specialists are the business owners for a product category. Your job is to blend art with science, combining your creative intuition, analytical skills, and passion for helping our customers to create the best shopping experience.
• You drive it: World-class interpersonal and persuasion skills will be required as you will be collaborating with vendors and coordinating cross-functional teams to make sure we sell what customers want. You will need to start with the customer and work backwards, decoding their needs and journeys.
• You lead it: Have an idea? Go for it. You will work within a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help test and validate your ideas.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field
- Two years experience as a category specialist or in related area such as pricing, site merchandising, planning or inventory
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents