Campaign Optimization Analyst-Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1419533
What you'll do at
About the position:
The analyst’s primary objective is to drive & optimize campaigns for our customers which include:
- Building dashboard metrics and media tactics for our clients to improve their search & display campaign performance
- Providing training and guidance on how to improve their KPIs or desired outcomes across the Walmart advertising platform
- Lead strategic projects and experiments to test new pricing, marketing strategies, and across the network to deliver against client return on advertising spend (ROAS) expectations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, like analytics, to review performance and plan future campaigns and initiatives.
- Implement keyword bidding strategies, keyword management, and continuously monitor and modify campaigns to drive improved performance.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative recommendations and plans on how to improve campaign strategy
- Communicate iteratively and illustrate how enhancements are being made across budget, timeline, and provide deliverables via reporting, presentations, or competitive insights
- A customer service focus and the ability to work both with a team and independently are a necessity
- Strong analytical skills: ability to gather, analyze, summarize, and present data
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Experience building performance marketing and analytics team
- Self-motivated, comfortable working independently
- Experience with Search (seo & sem) and third-party ad-serving systems: Doubleclick, Mediaplex, DG MediaMind, Atlas
The Analyst will work as part of a larger pod or sub-team and be willing to take on a number of role with the focus of driving advertiser or customer satisfaction.
Manager's Preferred Qualifications (3-5 "nice to haves"):
- Experience in 3+ years of Search Advertising, Ad Operations, Ads Engineering, or Marketing / Media Buying.
- Leverage data using SQL to quickly troubleshoot any issues that arise and impact the performance of the campaign for advertisers.
- Provide technical support for all involved in the campaign whether internally or externally, including engineering.
- Prioritize effectively and determine which initiatives to deliver first based on quantitative reasoning and rationale.
- Evaluate and make decisions on campaign spend rates, user quality, creative performance, and marketplace opportunities.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Tableau or any dashboarding tools like Tableau, Thoughtspot, or Domo.
- Dive into investigations and communicate outcomes to management and leadership teams.
- Ability to work in a hack culture, producing immediate and real-time results on critical tasks that require focus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math, Economics.
- Great communication & presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of analytics across platforms like Facebook Ads Manager, Twitter Analytics, Google Analytics / Adwords
- Strong analytical/modeling skills with the ability to convert raw data into actionable insights.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents