Site Merchandising Manager, Jet.com
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1416423
What you'll do at
Site Merchandising Manager, Jet.com
The Site Merchandising team is responsible for leading the strategy, assortment curation and optimization, site merchandising and development of our customer experience at Jet.com. This role, reporting to the vertical lead, will support the Home & Tools/Automotive, Electronics & Video Games, or Weekly Shop EDL business. Your ultimate responsibility is to collaborate with brands and vendors, marketing, category teams, and product to ensure we provide the consumer the optimal shopping experience on Jet.com. The right candidate will be a self-starter who can advocate like an owner for their business; drive for action and results; be comfortable flexing between analytics, strategy, and execution; and demonstrate a positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills and flexibility.
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
- Help drive category performance: You will be responsible for the performance of your category across Jet.com and lead assortment, financial, merchandising, and pricing analyses and recommendations.
- Work with product and marketing to build and enhance the customer experience:You will be working alongside cross-functional marketing and product teams to determine appropriate UX and product features; what products are selected, found, displayed; and finally, how it is marketed to Jet’s urban consumer.
- Meeting the needs of our customers: stay abreast of the competition and trends in the category, as well as learn the latest tools and technology to analyze data and insights at scale.
- Curate the Jet.com Assortment: work closely with the category management team, vendors, analytics, finance and marketing to understand the key drivers of the category. Marry this information with Jet strategy to identify the ideal brand and product selection for Jet.com. Manage ongoing optimization for the category and help shape 1P and 3P processes.
- Support Sub Category Perfection: own and deliver on proper taxonomy, attribution, basic & enhanced content as well as strategies to improve SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Executing the optimal shopping experience: collaborate with marketing to create category specific engagement via offsite awareness building, landing pages, cross-category moments, reviews and personalization.
- Help the vertical lead deliver on the Jet P&L with ownership over specific category financial targets (e.g. GMV, margin, vendor funding).
- Hold a strong point of view on the of the category – it’s role within Jet, the competitive landscape, and emerging trends.
- Manage new assortment and ongoing SKU optimization. Collaborate with General Managers and Category Managers to close those gaps on key Have It Brands and manage the ideal assortment mix 1P/3P. Establish a process that ensures assortment is current and relevant. Work directly and indirectly with key vendor partners.
- Support on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Monitor pricing within the category to ensure pricing strategies are maintained and manage mix to meet targets.
- Be customer-centric and focused on delivering seamless experiences across all platforms. Contribute to product roadmap for relevant categories.
- Work closely with campaign and program leads and cross-functional partners (including Design, Copy & Content, Marketing, Merchandising and Engineering teams) to align on seasonal program strategies and plans as well as vendor funding.
- Depending on the category, the Manager may manage a small team of Specialists.
- BA/BS degree with a strong academic background
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience within e-commerce, retail merchandising or category management
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with an ability to see the big picture
- Ability to develop strong relationships (external and internal)
- Highly communicative
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid understanding of the KPIs, financial metrics, and customer metrics that matter when managing an ecommerce business
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment
- Bonus: Familiarity with Omniture Web analytics, Looker and SQL
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents