- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1413609
What you'll do at
What you’ll do at Jet.com
The Media Planner on the Media Marketing team is responsible for helping to coordinate media plans to hit business goals. You will partner with various members of the marketing organization to plan and shape the media strategy and be responsible for coordinating execution on the plan.
Challenges you’ll be tackling
The Media Marketing team at Jet combines analytical skill with marketing expertise to help drive Jet’s rapid growth. We’re looking for a highly motivated, collaborative individual who is passion about learning and contributing to a world-class team with large budgets, and highly aggressive growth goals.
As a Media Planner, you will be responsible for translating a campaign idea into a detailed communications architecture and connected media plan. The Media Planner works to create the best plan as possible to hit business goals. The person who holds this position is expected to have a firm grasp of the advertising ecosystem and to be a steward of the entire planning process.
You will have significant exposure to campaign strategy, tactical optimization, analytics, reporting, and broader company objectives. This is an ideal role for a candidate who is looking to build a career in media marketing and loves to blend analytic rigor with creative strategy to build high-impact marketing programs.
- Managing day to day plan changes/maintenance of media plans across multiple both online and offline marketing channels
- Develop and apply a working knowledge of basic media concepts, terminology, attribution models and media plan execution
- Interface on a regular basis with brand and retail marketing representatives to evaluate content calendar and programming of messaging into various media vehicles
- Gather and study information about consumer viewing/reading habits/internet/brand usage
- Analyze media alternatives to recommend how to best allocate the advertising budget
- Researching and compiling competitive data
- Evaluate and propose targeting, geography, scheduling, support level, and budget
- 1-3+ years of experience in a highly analytical and/or strategic role.
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure
- Excellent time-management skills
- Enthusiasm and experience in ecommerce and consumer marketplaces
- Fun and quirky - we like unique people!
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents