Manager, Category Marketing - E&P (Walmart.com)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1399054
What you'll do at
As a Category Marketing Manager, you will help to develop and drive category-specific marketing plans for our Enthusiast and Professional retail category (Auto, Home Improvement, Sporting Goods, Outdoors, and Tools). You will have a unique, hybrid role – managing the retail relationship and facilitating progress with cross-functional partners (e.g. Paid Media, Owned Media, Analytics) to create marketing plans for our strategic, high-priority retail categories.
The ideal candidate has the desire to be analytical, creative, and executional. They will need to organize efforts, identify growth strategies, and drive tactical execution. Help us define and answer the questions around customer positioning, value prop, acquisition, retention, and how all that relates to growth and profit. You know, marketing!
Holistic Marketing Management. This role’s driving responsibility is to do whatever it takes to drive forward the strategy, priorities, and tactical execution in order to reach the marketing objectives for the category.
- Performance Reporting. Drive performance reporting both at the category level to understand overall progress as well as more granular understandings at the channel and subcategory levels
- Marketing Channel Management. Collaborate with media channel teams (paid as well as owned media) to drive towards overall progress in the category as well as facilitate assortment specific goals
- Retail Merchandising Touchpoint. Manage the relationship with the corresponding merchandising team to understand assortment breadth, inventory, and pricing for promotion opportunities as well as help drive awareness and action on opportunities for them to better leverage assortment for growth
- Campaign Planning and Execution. Drive category specific campaigns strategy and execution of marketing initiatives to promote assortment as well as cross-category campaigns to play in seasonal moments and enterprise initiatives. Manage marketing calendar to take advantage of moments
- Creative Management. Manage prioritization and allocation of resources for processes for procuring imagery and developing creative so category has necessary assets
- Customer Positioning. Work to understand customer match with category value prop to further category positioning and storytelling
- 5+ years in ecommerce, acquisition marketing, investment banking, consulting, etc.
- Discipline to set frameworks in advance of decisions to assess performance and identify learnings
- Willingness to think through timelines and challenges to drive prioritization, troubleshooting, and progress
- Ability to communicate rationales for decisions made from data as well as intuition
- Empathy to communicate ideas as well as understand and organize other people’s ideas
- Knowledge of and interest in ecommerce customer behavior, merchandising, brand and direct response marketing.
- Desire to foster a positive, supportive, respectful, collaborative, enjoyable workplace team
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, you’ll be able to access the resources and scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology and nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to catapult ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents