Childrens Marketplace Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1398562
What you'll do at
Marketplace Manager Children’s Fashion
The Marketplace Manager, Childrens Fashion is responsible for ensuring the marketplace channel has a market-leading assortment, excellent financial performance and a great shopper experience across all of Walmart’s Ecommerce brands – Jet.com and Walmart.com (and whatever other brands join our family!). Your goal is to create the ultimate online destination for customers who turn to Jet.com and Walmart.com first when they are shopping for their Children.
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
Own Children’s 3rd party seller businesses – end to end – across all our ecommerce brands: The Marketplace Manager role requires the skillset of category management, thinking holistically across all ecommerce levers including marketing, merchandising and technology, to scale 3rd party Children’s Fashion sellers on Jet and Walmart.com. The Marketplace Manager will be responsible for managing sellers’ financial and operational goals, measuring performance metrics, and building strong internal and external relationships.
On board and optimize 3rd Party sellers and brands: Responsibilities will also include identifying, pitching, and on boarding new brands and partners as well as optimization of assortment to improve marketplace growth
Build a best in class customer experience: Work directly with sellers and partner alongside Category, Site and Creative teams to build a best in class category experience
- Deliver marketplace financial and KPI targets and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
- Develops analytical frameworks for analyzing and understanding partner performance
- Evolve and elevate the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise and identifying assortment gaps and opportunities
- Build strong relationships and on board new sellers
- Partner with Site Merchandising and work with sellers to optimize and standardize Marketplace assortment on site from Taxonomy and Navigation to Tagging and Attributes
- Leverage technology to help drive future enhancements and define requirements for the technology platform in order to meet business needs
- Coach and mentor more junior team members
How you’ll know it’s right:
- If you love fashion, trends and merchandising…
- If you like owning something and being accountable for its outcomes…
- If you want to do things in the fashion industry that have not been done…
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward…
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of fashion professional experience within an e-commerce organization or retail organization
- Demonstrated ability to form long-term strategic business relationships, and comfort engaging with senior executives
- Proven track record of over delivering to financial plans and KPIs
- Passion for Children’s Fashion
- Experience managing 3rd party seller relationships
- Experience closing and negotiating deals and scaling new businesses
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously, work independently, and drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
Walmart Ecommerce is changing the way the world shops. Our team of builders, thinkers, risk-takers, and dreamers is pushing the boundaries to create a world-class shopping experience that saves customers every penny possible. To win, we need people like YOU: curious, determined, and outrageously passionate. Sound like a fit? Let’s make a date.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents