Planning Manager, Functional Rooms
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1386134
What you'll do at
As a Planning Manager 1, you are a key thought partner to the category managers and are responsible for managing sales, profit and inventory plans for high-growth, complex merchandise categories – ensuring that assortment, price and availability are a “win-win” for our customers and Walmart.com. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points – providing financial plans and supporting business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment. As a Planning Manager 1, you will provide expert advice and coaching to Planning Specialists to align efforts amongst varying perspectives.
You won’t do this alone. You will work with a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale.
- Thought partner for Category Managers.
- Analyzes performance against financial plan and forecast (sales by channel, profit, marketing) for category and make recommendations to improve the business to meet the financial objectives.
- Provides standardized weekly recaps to Category Managers.
- Provides input into category financial plans and budgets (sales by channel, profit, aur) for low-to-moderately complex category.
- Manages and executes category budgets, seasonal and campaign buy plans and line review financials.
- Prepare Joint Business Planning analysis in collaboration with category team.
- Reviews vendor forecasts to ensure alignment to strategy.
- Forecasts all metrics in OTB and provide summary to category team.
- Manages forecast meetings, processes and decision making for category.
- Models, analyzes and evaluates impact of key variables on category performance.
- Provides input into models, analysis, and evaluation of the impact of key variables (e.g., shipping promotions, rollbacks, seasonal campaigns) on category performance.
- Manages demand plans/inventory strategies for low-to-moderately complex category.
- Develops inventory and buying strategies for the category in collaboration with Supply Chain.
- Conducts analyses, risk assessment and modeling on inventory plans.
- Provides input into purchasing recommendations for category management counterparts.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Category Management, Site Merchandising, Finance, Marketing) to assist in the development of category financial plans and budgets.
- Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance.
- Has performance and career development conversations.
- Maintains team motivation and engagement.
- Mentors Planning Specialists.
- 4-6 years of experience in planning and buying, replenishment, finance or related field required.
- Advanced Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents