Manager, Team On-boarding
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1381643
What you'll do at
The Walmart Media Group is looking for a passionate educator with the ability to weave together several complicated ideas and translate them for an internal audience with a variety of backgrounds and levels of experience (from recent college graduates to executives with 20+ years of experience in retail and digital marketing!).
Walmart Media Group is Walmart’s digital advertising solutions platform for our brand partners. Every day we work with hundreds of brands, reach millions of customers and influence billions in sales across the entire digital media landscape. The Walmart Media Group marketing team is a B2B team supporting everything from event management to advertising pre-sales material and internal education and advocacy.
As the Team On-boarding Manager, you’ll develop training and stand-alone resources that will be utilized by your peers, and internal partners across the Walmart organization. Because we are a highly-visible and fast-growing start-up within Walmart, your role will be to facilitate the on-boarding process for new Walmart Media Group associates, ensuring they understand the Walmart culture and are set up for success early-on in their career with us. You’ll also educate internal partners across Walmart on what our team does, and educate them on new products, processes and systems as they roll out.
In this role, you’ll ensure that your teammates and internal partners have the education and resources they need to become familiar with Walmart Media Group’s products and capabilities so they feel empowered to advocate for our business as they work closely with suppliers, third-party sellers and vendors that work with Walmart every day.
Whether you’re leading the training yourself or helping your peers put their knowledge into an understandable format that can be rolled out to a large audience, your role will be to ensure everyone has access to the information they need so they can be advocates of Walmart Media Group.
As our team continues to grow, this role will change and evolve with the needs of the business. So, we’re looking for someone who is highly adaptable and will continue to grow and bring value to the group, and to Walmart.
Most importantly, we’re looking for ambitious, fun, entrepreneurial, people-oriented folks who are truly willing to roll up their sleeves to solve business challenges in creative and structured ways.
- Develop and maintain the on-boarding program for Walmart Media Group associates
- Develop and lead training for the rest of Walmart, bringing awareness to the Walmart Media Group and educating internal partners on new products, capabilities, processes, etc.
- Create and maintain a knowledge base that will be used by our own team, and by teams across the Walmart organization
- Identify gaps in knowledge within our own team, and the rest of Walmart, and then create and/or facilitate training sessions to close those gaps.
- Work closely with the Internal Communication Manager to develop training and communication strategies for new product releases, systems and processes that impact our internal and external clients.
- Excellent facilitation, presentation and training skills
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, marketing or related field
- Knowledge of education and training methods and best practices
- Skilled at providing constructive feedback and developing peers on their presentation and story-telling skills
- Ability to digest raw information from several sources, and educate diverse audiences on complicated topics
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to help people feel comfortable both inside and outside a learning environment
- A problem-solving mindset with a craving to learn and the ability to quickly jump into action
- Knowledge of marketing and/or digital marketing industry a plus
- Proficiency in graphic design and/or presentation design
- Product, product marketing or ad ops background
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents