Strategic Project Manager - Digital Operations
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1377603
What you'll do at
Jet is looking for a Strategic Project Manager who will lead, coordinate and execute project plans across multiple departments. This PM role will be a part of the Digital Marketing Operations department with a specific focus on project mgmt. and the coordination of larger efforts that impact several Jet teams and systems. As Jet continues to scale rapidly, this individual will play a critical role in the holistic planning and execution of large initiatives, across many departments that impact overall customer experience, product assortment, inventory, marketing, member services, operations, and fulfillment.
Serving as the main point of contact and communication lead, you will be accountable for successful management of assigned projects while making sure all deliverables are on time & within budget with a positive and fierce go getter attitude. This position requires strong experience in planning, development, and implementation of large scale projects across different teams, including but not limited to technology, marketing, engineering, pricing, supply chain, and many more. This person must be able to communicate clearly, understand complex situations while being able to explain and digest in a simplistic way, understand the business needs, gather project requirements, set timelines, and manage cross functional team expectations.
- Lead and coordinate multiple projects by providing unified oversight, ensuring transparency to key stakeholders, and driving successful results. Prioritize project work and delegate responsibilities to corresponding team members
- Responsible for ensuring project plan is fully up to date, recaps are distributed, and required tasks are completed on time
- Drive team communication, both within core team and to management / leadership team
- Identify and engage impacted teams across the organization, and lead effort to define roles & responsibilities, with clear ownership and expectations
- Organizing and leading cross functional mtgs to ensure all stakeholders are involved in current discussions and receive clear guidelines on appropriate next steps
- Work with senior management and key stakeholders to understand the related business strategies, objectives and priorities, while ensuring alignment in supporting the current business strategy
- Identify and manage project inter-dependencies that may not be known or identifiable at the project level, and lead efforts to develop approaches for managing such issues.
- Assess and manage risk within projects and make strategic recommendations for changes to current and future project plans and overall requirements to meet organizational needs.
- Evaluate project timeline, cost/budget to ensure the project is meeting business expectations
- Manage relationships and communicate project information to all stakeholders at a level appropriate to their needs.
- Gather and provide post-implementation analysis ensuring we have the required resources and processes in place for long-term success
- Bachelor's Degree and 6-9 years experience in project mgmt.
- Experience in consulting, or start up experience a plus
- Extreme detail oriented and can quickly diagnose and fix a workflow problem, while also looking for improvement.
- Sincere interest in understanding how things work and how to continuously make them better
- Communication and relationship-building skills, as this role requires cross-functional collaboration
- The desire to be strategic, organized and technically-minded
- Proven ability in establishing successful long-term business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to track progress and measure results
- Ability to set and communicate clear expectations
- Ability to work effectively and achieve results across internal functional areas and external parties in ambiguous situation
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, you’ll be able to access the resources and scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology and nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to catapult ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents