Strategy and Business Development Director-Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1325975
What you'll do at
About Walmart Media Group
Want to change the face of digital advertising? Want to re-imagine how the world's largest omni-channel consumer database can be used to power targeted campaigns for the largest brands in the world? We are rethinking digital advertising here at Walmart, and are looking for some great people to help make this happen.
At Walmart, we enable the connection between brands and shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, Save Money. Live Better, we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. Did you know that 8 out of 10 people shop at Walmart every year? This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team that's poised to have big impact. Anchored by the world's largest retail audience database, we help brands perfect point-of-purchase advertising, delivering media performance coupled with best-in-class targeting and reporting. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable and we have Walmart's sales data to prove it.
About the role:
The Strategy & Business Development Director is a project-based, consultant-like position, that will work with the senior team leaders of the Walmart Media Group including sales, product, marketing, operations, and engineering.
The role helps to drive our strategy, planning, and execution by supporting several focus areas:
- Development of strategic frameworks, customer and competitor insights, technology trend assessments, business cases to ensure the leadership team has the right strategic conversation
- Competitive analyses of industry trends to identify strategic and operational risks and enterprise strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Development of materials to support strategy discussions and decisions
- Evaluate business development and partnership opportunities (including startup partnerships, broader strategic partnerships, and M&A;)
Exact position projects and job responsibilities will vary depending on timing and experience. Example responsibilities as follows:
- Develop strategic fact base to highlight macro and consumer trends, key competitors and new entrants, compelling business models, disruptive/emerging technologies and translate these into insights and implications for Walmart
- Manage complex research, analyses, & financial models to drive business case development for key strategic focus areas.
- Work closely with the analytics team to build revenue sizing and business models; work closely with finance to develop and refine business forecasts and long range goals.
- Work collaboratively with business unit partners and corporate support teams to drive enterprise strategy execution and partner on segment or functional strategy projects.
- Shape and support crafting the messaging of executive leadership content for high profile meetings
- Contributes to the development, incubation and execution of approved corporate strategic projects and new business opportunities across functions, divisions and in-country operations
- Contributes to the mergers and acquisitions (M&A;) process
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Walmart.com Strategy
- 5+ years of experience, preferably within investment banking / mergers & acquisitions, management consulting, or corporate development/strategy within a consumer internet/technology company
- Experience in Media, e-commerce, Retail, or Large multi-national corporations and/or International a huge plus!
- 3 years’ experience leading cross-functional projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 4 years’ experience in finance or related field OR 8 years’ experience in finance or related field.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents