Site Merchandising Specialist Lead - Toys and Seasonal
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1316113
What you'll do at
Site Merchandising Specialist Lead
As a Site Merchandising Specialist Lead, you are responsible for creating a best in class customer experience through effective site merchandising strategies and execution. You will be directly responsible for optimizing the site experience for taxonomy, product listing (shelf) and search by leveraging analytics, comp research and industry best practices. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends, synthesize information from multiple touch points and create business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Site Merchandising and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans to improve customer experience and conversion.
- Maintains a strong vision for future site improvements driven by passion for delighting our customers.
- Exhibits strong aptitude of competitive landscape and leverages to drive business improvements.
- Serves as an advisor to Category Management & Category Marketing; identifying potential enhancements on visual merchandising plans and seasonal campaigns leveraging customer based analytics to improve conversion, repeat visit and other KPIs.
- Tests and evaluate the effectiveness of merchandising strategies; refines as part of continuous improvement process.
- Encourages an environment of operational excellence and flawless execution to achieve a best in class site experience.
- Ensure SEO value is maximized by using best practices and proper implementation of clear-text, alt-text, SEO copy blocks, canonical URLs and re-directs.
- Manages site taxonomy build & product listing (shelf) rules at the category level, ultimately helping to execute the Category Managers strategy properly through Site Merchandising best practices; providing insight to the team based off of real world data, tests and competitor actions.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Works closely with the creative team, providing direction based on Category Management priorities, seasonality and Site Merchandising insights.
- Monitors site presentation and traffic; takes the appropriate actions to modify visual presentation as necessary based on changing customer behavior and demand.
- Review site map and remove duplicate site experiences.
- Build site navigation within specific product categories; to increase findability and improve customer experience while shopping the site.
- Provides leadership within the Site Merchandising team; mentors and leads site merchandising specialists.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of relevant retail experience
- 2+ years of site merchandising experience
- Technical background with a strong creative element
- Must have Omniture or other site analytical experience
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable making data-driven decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- Adaptable and demonstrates initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Keen attention to detail
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with writing creative briefs
- Search and SEO experience
- Ability to “be the customer” in order to improve site experiences.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents