Product Manager - Digital Ad Science
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1305427
What you'll do at
The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role building compelling, impactful and scalable advertising measurement solutions designed to support the needs of the world's largest brands. The role is founded on the use of data and insights across all Walmart properties such as Walmart, Jet, Moosejaw, etc. to conceptualize, test and operationalize all measurement tools and ad platforms. To be successful in this role, you will need to be a data-driven innovator, influencer, problem solver and excellent communicator.
Walmart seeks a candidate who is knowledgeable and passionate about helping our advertising partners succeed across Walmart's digital advertising ecosystem. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to engage with teams across the Walmart organization heavily. This position will also work closely with Engineering and Data Science to engage with various back-end platforms that power Walmart's audience-based ad experiences. These platforms include proprietary systems like WMX (Audience Targeting) and WPA (Sponsored Search) as well as third-party partnerships including DFP, Criteo, and Appnexus. The ideal candidate will have experience with digital advertising systems and have a vision for how we can better meet the needs of the suppliers and advertisers we serve.
This position will be responsible for taking a leadership position building out the next generation of Walmart advertising platforms. The role will have a significant focus on measurement, reporting, and insights, all of which will be used not only for advertiser-facing solutions but also to influence the priorities and direction of all digital ad platforms.
Excellent cross-functional leadership, analytical and communication skills, and comfort with ambiguity are a must.
- Accountable for development and performance of client-facing advertising and measurement products
- Ability and willingness to work in the field with sales, partners, and advertisers to ensure market insights and advertiser needs are captured (first hand) and integrated into our platforms
- Develop PRD/Specs that detail scope, market sizing, competitive rationale, technical feasibility.
- Distill and prioritize product feedback from multiple sales and partnership channels
- Analyze product performance-evaluate and explore new strategic opportunities for revenue-driving products
- Manage products through alpha and beta tests, coordinate with cross-functional teams for product launches
- Coordinate with engineering to support LOE estimates and associated impact to roadmap GTM timing.
- 4+ years work experience in a corporate or startup environment
- Previous background in online advertising/digital media or advertising analytics
- Strong communication skills with technical, business, and external stakeholders
- Track record of influencing behavior at a variety of levels in the organization, including cross-functional leaders
- Customer-service orientation and experience in a client-facing capacity
- Demonstrated ability to drive resolution in the context of competing perspectives
- BA/BS degree
- Knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents