Senior Manager of Training Design and Delivery
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1303675
What you'll do at
The Retail Training Team is looking for an experienced Senior Manager to support the design and delivery of training within eCommerce.
This position within the Retail Training Team has an opportunity to change how the organization experiences training. You will be on the forefront of building and shaping a talented and capable pool of business leaders that can drive the vision and success of Walmart U.S. eCommerce!
This role will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee the design and development of all tools, software, and key business initiative trainings
- Develop a team of trainers and instructional designers through strong influencing skills
- Ensure quality of training design and delivery throughout the training organization
- Ensure the highest quality classroom and virtual instruction environments
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal customers and subject matter experts
- Contribute to meeting/exceeding department KPIs
- Consults with functional and program stakeholders to ensure training and development align with program goals and objectives
- Assist in content design and delivery
- Manage content and revision cycles for tools and systems trainings
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training offerings and adjust as needed
- Create sustainability plans for content delivered to retail audience
- Monitors and ensures effective implementation of learning solutions throughout the retail organization
- 8+ years previous leadership experience in a training organization (Remote management experience preferred)
- BS in Education, Learning Technologies, Human Resources, Psychology, Business or other related discipline
- Experience in the classroom delivering training and/or instructional design
- Detail-oriented, organized and strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects for on-time delivery within tight time frames
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical and analytical thinker with experience making business decisions
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Knowledge of various adult learning theories
- Excellent communication skills, able to explain complex ideas concisely both in verbal and written presentations
- Strong consulting skills with the ability to interact with internal clients at all levels
- Ability to be a self-starter, innovative thinker, and problem-solver in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Demonstrates an understanding of the broader business implications of decisions
- Proven ability to facilitate small and large training sessions (live and remotely) and experience with various learning technologies
- Demonstrated ability to establish courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently and in a timely manner
- Intermediate or above proficiency using industry-standard course authoring tools (e.g.; Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Elucidat or similar)
- Master’s degree in Education, Learning Technologies, Human Resources, Psychology, Business or other related discipline
Travel – Up to 25%
Based: San Bruno, California
Reports to: Director of Learning and Development
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents