Senior Graphic Designer
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1303175
What you'll do at
The Retail Training Team is looking for an experienced Graphic Designer to create visual design elements for training content.
This position within the Retail Training Team is an opportunity to change how the organization experiences training. You will be on the forefront of building and shaping a talented and capable pool of business leaders that can drive the vision and success of Walmart U.S. eCommerce!
This role will be responsible for the following:
- Work collaboratively to make the team’s work successful
- Use imagination and creativity to communicate training content in a visual form that reinforces training concepts including participant guides, handouts, facilitator guides, and slide decks
- Develop visual communication and marketing materials for training events (digital and print)
- Understand and maintain corporate visual standards
- Create infographics to illustrate salient learning points
- Develop and maintain training templates to facilitate rapid development
- Develop unique ideas and approaches to traditional visual communication methods, pushing the boundaries of what can be done
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions for developing training content
- Build and execute on marketing/communication roadmaps
- Visual problem solver—you dissect complex information and simplify it for easier audience digestion
- Process thinker – address design challenges and can clearly articulate a step-by-step approach for coming up with a solution
- Have worked in a world where design is a communication from rather than fine art
- Expert knowledge of design tools including the Adobe Suite and Typography
- Ability to execute design principles in non-traditional design tools; PowerPoint, Word
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
- Ability to work well with internal clients in a fast-paced environment
- Finds or helps others find solution to challenges without waiting or asking for permission
- Enjoy guiding and teaching others as much as doing
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Curiosity to explore and discover new software and technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mastery in PowerPoint
- Design, animate and finish high-quality motion graphics
- Freehand drawing experience/skills
- Photography skills
Travel – Up to 10%
Based: San Bruno, California
Reports to: Director of Learning and Development
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents