Retail Training -Sr Instructional Designer
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1302982
What you'll do at
The Retail Training Team is looking for an experienced Instructional Designer to support the design and development of training to accelerate key business initiatives.
This position within the Retail Training Team has an opportunity to change how the organization experiences training. You will be on the forefront of building and shaping a talented and capable pool of business leaders that can drive the vision and success of Walmart U.S. eCommerce!
This role will be responsible for the following:
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances the learner’s experience and changes behaviors
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and content
- Work with Walmart U.S. eCommerce subject matter experts to identify audience’s training needs
- Learn and apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.) in partnership with vendors or home office support
- Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
- Design a variety of instructional materials including traditional instructor-led courses, online programs, web-based learning aids or products, and other programs as needed
- Redesign courses for online presentations that are conducive to distance learning audiences
- Recommend changes to existing courses, including technology or instructional methods
- Analyze courses to ensure they meet or exceed business expectations and ensure no learning gaps are present
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning experience
- Solid knowledge of course development software (Camtasia, Elucidat, Storyline etc.)
- Visual design, Storyboarding, and audio/video scripting skills
- BS in instructional design, educational technology or similar discipline or comparable work experience
- Understanding of adult learning theories and best practices
- 5+ years’ experience with instructional design in a corporate environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience delivering training in a classroom setting
- Knowledge of WebEx training features and how to design and deliver content effectively in a virtual environment
Travel – Up to 25%
Based: San Bruno, California
Reports to: Director of Learning and Development
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents