Category Manager, Musical Instruments
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1295721
What you'll do at
You'll be responsible for ensuring that your product category has a market-leading assortment, excellent financial performance and a great shopper experience
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
Jet is looking for a strategic, collaborative, and passionate individual to manage a subcategory within our Retail Category Team in our brand new Hoboken, New Jersey office. Each member of Jet’s Category Management Team acts as the business manager of part of Jet’s catalog, and is responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, pricing and collaborates with our Partner Management arm to support account performance. We are hiring Category Managers within most of our Category Verticals explained below in “About Jet’s Retail Team.”
The Manager, Category Management will be based in our HQ office in Hoboken and responsibilities will include:
- Continually evolve the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise
- Own and optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors and third-party retailers
- Own category financial targets (e.g. GMV and margin), and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
- Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Identify shopper experience and product work-flow enhancement opportunities and collaborate with product teams to execute
- Collaborate with Jet’s marketing team around category promotions
About Jet’s Retail Team
Jet’s Retail team is divided into 4 arms: Category, Analytics, Product and Strategy.
The Category arm manages the product assortment, business performance, and on-site merchandising of Jet’s retail offering and is divided into 14 category verticals across consumables, durables and soft-lines:
- Consumables: Grocery, Health & Beauty, Baby, Pet
- Durables: Electronics, Home, Books & Media, Toys & Games, Sporting Goods, Tools & Home Improvement, Office Supplies, Automotive
- Soft-lines: Fashion & Jewelry
The Analytics arm designs and manages business intelligence and reporting tools and provides analytical support across all of the Category teams.
The Product arm is responsible for product management and development of our partner-facing tools, product catalog and competitive intelligence systems, including external partner and product operations support.
The Strategy arm helps shape the broader Retail team’s direction and executes cross-category initiatives and partnerships in order to foster a sustainable and healthy marketplace ecosystem.
- BA/BS degree, with 3 – 5 years of relevant professional experience within an e-commerce or retail merchandising, category management, business development and/or strategy capacity
- Passion for eCommerce and for Jet’s mission
- Ability to build a data-driven strategic business plan with tangible execution steps
- Demonstrated ability to form long-term strategic business relationships, and comfort engaging with senior executives
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously, work independently, and drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of online/offline retail or consumer internet technologies preferred
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents