Site Merchandising Specialist, Jet.com (Urban Grocery)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1291593
What you'll do at
The Site Merchandiser is responsible for leading the strategy, assortment curation, site merchandising and development of our customer experience at Jet.com. Your ultimate goal is to collaborate with marketing and the category teams to ensure we provide the consumer the optimal shopping experience on Jet.com. The right candidate will demonstrate a winning attitude, be flexible, action and results oriented, analytical and self-starting. They will partner with cross functional teams in business and technology to drive efficiencies with automation and optimize the customer’s shopping experience on Jet.com.
This role could support one of the following businesses; Jet Urban Grocery, Everyday Living, Fashion, Entertainment or Enthusiast and Professional.
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
- Meeting the needs of our customers: stay abreast of the competition and learn the latest tools and technology to analyze data and insights at scale.
- Curate the Jet.com Assortment: work closely with category manager team, analytics, finance and marketing to understand the key drivers of the category. Use this information along with Jet strategy to identify the ideal channel, brand and product selection for Jet.com.
- Support Sub Category Perfection: proper taxonomy, attribution, basic & enhanced content as well as strategies to improve SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Executing the optimal shopping experience: collaborate with marketing to create category specific engagement via marketing, landing pages, story-telling, solution-oriented experiences, proper reviews and personalization.
- Support Jet P&L through proper curation, site merchandising, marketing activation and collaboration with retail to drive monetization of site.
- Support PDP (Product Display Page) perfection with optimal content to improve conversion.
- Merchandise PLP and ensure all top search terms provide relevant product curation.
- Support cross merchandising of product groups and trip missions to drive profitable mix.
- Contribute to the development of the strategy for site features/functionality and execute these across categories to achieve sales and site-level goals.
- Execute online customer experiences throughout all devices, from desktop to mobile, including apps.
- Work closely with campaign and program leads and cross-functional partners (including Design, Copy & Content, Marketing, Merchandising and Engineering teams) to align on seasonal program strategies and plans.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in metrics and data analytic programs and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Have great attention to detail and exceptional follow through
- Be customer-centric and focused on delivering seamless experiences
- Focus on continuous improvement
You’re a risk taker—a dreamer that delivers. You have big ideas and can implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends to know what’s happening in the food and grocery world. You have a passion for innovation at the intersection of Food and eCommerce. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
- Functional Competencies:
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated proficiency in general business disciplines
- Analytical and deductive reasoning skills
- Stickler for process and organized project management
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Entrepreneurial mindset: belief in bold ideas and the power of creative thinking to get to “yes”
- Bias for action: desire to test concepts in the field quickly
- Deep passion for Food and eCommerce
- Great team player and collaborator
- Interpersonal Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to effectively build and manage relationships
- Proven strength in both oral and written communication skills, including the ability to develop and deliver presentations to senior management and large groups in a professional, concise and direct manner
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources
- Creative problem solver that can identify sources of information from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive, balanced & actionable analysis
- Fundamentally kind to others
- Leadership Competencies:
- Ability to model Wal-Mart eCommerce core values: Respect for the individual, Service to our customers, Strive for excellence
- The ability to anticipate business issues & influence managerial attention
- Ability to clearly state the vision and then successfully translate that vision into executable steps
- Site Merchandising and/or retail experience. Minimum 12 months.
- Experience working in content management systems and a clear understanding of eCommerce marketing and how to create marketing strategies that deliver topline growth.
- 1+ Years experience with Omniture, Web analytics, customer metrics, KPIs and financials, A/B testing
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, mobile apps, responsive design
- Analytical with strong financial acumen. Ability to run analysis on new business models to assess viability of new business development solutions.
- Bonus: Understanding and experience working with Walmart online grocery pick up, store operations, key stakeholders and systems.
- An understanding of Walmart store operations and Technical knowledge and expertise of current Web functionality and technology is highly desired
- Highly organized
- Motivational team leader
- Knows how to have fun & enjoys food
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents