Product Development Specialist- Video Game Products
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1287885
What you'll do at
The product development specialist will support the Sr. Manager of Product Development within the video game team, in product and project planning and execution of business plan. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, has excellent organizational, verbal and written communication and project management skills, and a strong interest in consumer electronic products and video games in general.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
- Support the Sr. Manager, Product Development, to deliver projects to high-quality standards on time and on budget.
- Assist the Sr. Manager, Product Development, in conducting various secondary research to gather relevant business and competitive data, product development research and end user research.
- Prepare for various new product demonstration events for internal/external stakeholders. The responsibilities will include setting up hardware, installing software, answering technical questions, arranging test units and planning logistics and overall demo event in detail.
- Assist with communicating project directives, status, and issues accurately and efficiently.
- Manage specific areas of projects or moderately-sized projects as assigned by Manager and report progress to Program Manager.
- Support the Sr. Manager, Product Development in managing suppliers and vendors and sample delivery/distribution plan and in ensuring the quality of the deliverables from vendors.
- Proactively identify risks in the project and work with Manager and team for solutions.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, project documentation, and reports.
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- Interest and enthusiasm in and understanding of the video gaming industry.
- Organizational skills to organize task related meetings and take accurate meeting notes and effectively and succinctly communicate the information to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Analytical skills to use various internal tools as well as external database such as NPD to run ad-hoc or ongoing analyses/reports to gauge product performance and provide insights on sales and profitability trends.
- Project management skills to organize and execute projects and manage deliverables on time and on budget.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and build strong working relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate with a wide variety of audiences ranging in skill set (highly technical to non-technical) and experience, cross-organizationally and with external partners.
- 4-year college degree from a competitive university.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in product development or program/project management.
- Professional experience in e-Commerce, consumer electronics, or general technical and consumer facing software and hardware product industries.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents