Inventory Control Process Manager, Fulfillment (Bronx, NY)
- Location BRONX, NY
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1277100
What you'll do at
You’ll be responsible for ensuring smooth day to day operation of a single or multiple departments within the fulfillment center focused on ensuring Jet customers receive their orders.
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
The ICQA Process Manager has complete responsibility for overall Fulfillment Center Inventory Control and Quality Assurance.
- Measurement of quality & inventory transaction integrity accuracy while providing feedback to the operations.
- Review & analysis of customer defect data with development of corresponding action plans to reduce defects.
- Develop & execute daily, weekly & monthly action plans that increase quality, inventory accuracy & service.
- Partner with Process Managers & Operations Managers in the communication of policies.
- Follow up to ensure compliance & consistency for policies & procedures surrounding Inventory Control & Quality.
- Plan & execute cycle counts as described in each area of the facility.
- Establish & Maintain Inventory handling procedures within the building.
- Plan for & identify root causes of inventory deviation through cause & effect analysis.
- Lead & supervise a team of 15-30 hourly associates in Inventory Control/Quality Assurance operations within the fulfillment center. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, & evaluation of the operation.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies & procedures: to include interviewing & training exempt & nonexempt employees; full accountability for setting & meeting operational goals; strategic planning & forecasting; assigning & directing work; appraising performance; rewarding & disciplining employees; resolving problems; & staffing; as well as developing standard operating procedures
- Drive process improvements & the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
- Candidate must be able to teach & educate managers and associates on the importance of inventory control & quality assurance.
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university and 2+ years FC experience.
- 2+ years related Inventory & Quality Assurance Management experience.
- Supervisory experience in a Distribution or Manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical, math, data analysis, listening & communication skills.
- APICS certification.
- Ability to show Inventory & Quality improvement in a continually improving environment.
- Ability to quickly pick up various software systems and data analysis tools.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents