Media Analytics Manager
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1261145
What you'll do at
Jet is looking for a strategic, collaborative, and highly analytical individual to lead media measurement and analysis for our Marketing Analytics team. Rolling up to Jet’s broader Analytics & Insights group, the Marketing Analytics team is responsible for supporting the Marketing team across a broad set of needs to help our marketers drive efficient customer acquisition and customer engagement/repeat purchase behavior.
The media team is at the forefront of driving Jet’s growth through customer acquisition and brand awareness, reaching prospective customers across a wide array of media channels (TV, Out of Home, Radio, Direct Mail, Search, Display, Social, Mobile, etc.). As our marketing strategies and tactics continue to evolve in scope and complexity, they need a partner to evolve our marketing measurement program in order to continually assess and optimize the value of that outreach.
The ideal candidate will be an analytical problem solver who gets excited about working with data in all capacities, and would prefer to take the pragmatic approach rather than the theoretical one. To succeed, you’ll need strong independent thinking skills, coupled with the ability to lead the narrative on how to approach and solve key problems the business faces daily. While strong analytical acumen is a must, the ideal candidate must also be able to communicate data and insights to business users and package ideas/results into cohesive, strategic stories. This role requires strong business acumen and the ability to get up to speed quickly on retail e-commerce dynamics.
Your job will be to design the tools and measurement frameworks that allow a smart, savvy team of marketers to measure the coordinated power of their marketing and media efforts across key business goals.
The Media Analytics Manager will be responsible for:
- Empowering the marketing team to refine their strategies, make more efficient budget allocations, and maximize their return on investment by developing multi-channel campaign measurement plans
- Providing analytics support both in the planning stages of campaign development (targeting, customer behavior, performance benchmarking, etc.) and performance measurement
- Connecting the dots across media channels, site behavior, and customer transactions to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and surface actionable recommendations to improve future performance
- Using statistical models to predict, analyze, and measure the impact of paid, owned, and earned media across digital and offline channels in order to drive marketing strategies at a local and national level
- Leading the thinking around how to leverage attribution beyond just marketing ROI, such as identifying and valuing profitable customer purchase paths to help the marketing team rethink how they interact with each customer, across different points of the life cycle
- Working with marketing product and tech teams to identify and prioritize ingestion of 3rd party data sets and create automated processes to transform data into reporting, insights, and intelligence that drive decisions
- Supporting test & learn programs by consulting on program design and measuring experiment results.
About You -- Must Have
- BA/BS in Statistics, Analytics, Econometrics
- 4-6 years of experience working in an analytics-heavy role with a strong concentration in marketing and media analytics
- Fluency in marketing metrics and media data with a foundation in statistical analysis, causal inference, experimental design & analysis
- Ability to own projects and exercise independent judgment in order to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Ability to translate technical aspects of analysis and metrics into actionable insights for business audiences
- Comfort executing projects across all components of the analytics lifecycle: data wrangling, exploration/visualization, feature engineering, model building, deployment/automation
- Experience using SQL and R/Python for statistical analysis and data wrangling
About You -- Even Better
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Analytics, Econometrics
- Retail and/or ecommerce industry experience
- Experience with tools like Adobe Analytics, Doubleclick, and Tableau/Looker
- Experience working in the analytics department of a media agency
- Experience implementing and streamlining data processes, including marketing automation efforts
- Experience with big data tools (Presto, Spark, Hive)
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents