- Location BRONX, NY
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1254490
What you'll do at
About the Job
The Flow Coordinator is responsible for managing workflow of the inbound and outbound department.
Key areas of responsibility include managing the workflow of outbound orders across multiple process and managing customer experience while minimizing fulfillment cost across FC. The Flow Coordinator will be responsible for communication of workflow status with Operations Managers and Process Managers and any escalation of any Customer Experience Risks, SLA failure risks or deviation from Standard Work to the Senior Manager(s) and General Manager(s). The Flow Coordinator is expected to play the role of an advisor to the operations team based on their holistic view of the inbound and outbound flow and facilitate communication between multiple areas of inbound and outbound operations.
- Ability to understand details of inbound and outbound shift plans.
- Ability to manage flow settings for multiple process paths in inbound and outbound operations.
Technical Details of FC System
- Ability to grasp the operational concepts of flow settings for FC picking systems that include flow pick with different volume and demand patterns.
- Ability to grasp complex pick flow settings for single/multi shipment orders.
- Understanding of the boundary of responsibilities between Operations on the floor and Flow as dictated by Standard Work developed by FC.
- Ability to effectively identify and communicate detailed technical issues. Escalate to management and facilities. Partner with management and facilities to solve technical issues.
Execute Flow Management
- Ability to execute inbound and outbound flow operations and communicate the Customer Experience risks and performance opportunities to FC operations in a standardized manner.
- Ability to execute shift plan set by adjusting flow settings to the correct mathematical values as per requirement. Escalate any deviations observed in actual performance from the input variables of the shift plan in a timely manner.
- Coordinating with Operations to maintain the right level of Work In Progress in each area of every process path to optimize Customer Experience performance and productivity.
- Ability to track and report system performance.
- Ability to work with Operations Managers team by providing them with detailed barriers and operational details.
Development and Coaching
- Ability to advise and teach the basic flow standards to new managers/coordinators through communications and advise them on standard flow settings; thus, speeding the learning curves of new managers/coordinators.
- Responsible for continuous utilization and minor development of standard work tools as they relate to pick/flow management (i.e. monitoring backlog, workflow, department capacity, etc.)
- Must be flexible in terms of work schedule; willing to work odd or long hours, if necessary.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, deadlines, and stressful situations with minimal management oversight.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete projects with tight deadlines.
- Desire to thrive in a dynamic, growing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree required or 2+ years FC experience.
- Knowledge in data analysis using Excel management tools.
- Data management & data quality control experience with experience pulling and analyzing large sets of data.
- Experience owning metrics processing and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience using data to drive root cause elimination and process improvement.
- Experience developing and implementing department goals and strategies based on broader organization goals.
- Proficiency in computer usage, email, MS Office Suite.
- Experience working with hourly employees, as well as exempt personnel.
- Degree in Engineering, Operations, Logistics or related field.
- Expertise in MS Access and SQL.
- Proficiency in Lean and Six Sigma.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents