Technical Big Data Analyst
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1221472
What you'll do at
What You’ll Do:
We need super smart tech minded analysts to help us build one of the best engineered e-commerce platforms in the world (big talk we know, but that is our goal!). Combine creativity, curiosity, and drive to continuously perfect and revolutionize Jet from the inside out. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious people who are passionate about technology in general (Jet is a technology first company and prides itself on its culture of learning and knowledge sharing and we want all our employees to be as passionate as we are!)
Jet’s Data Landscape:
Jet is building a world class production stream processing and data platform. We view our platform as the core to driving the future of intelligent ecommerce. We’re leveraging Kafka, Spark, and Cassandra to build a near real-time platform for production pricing, inventory, shipping, site personalization, marketing customization, and production machine learning.
Technical Big Data Analyst will join our production data platform team and will be our interface with other teams assisting in a variety of activities: capturing business and technical requirements, stakeholder training, design and development of complex data pipelines, data validation, and diagnosing job and system related issues.
This role will require previous experience in: working with databases, a strong understanding of SQL, solving complex data issues, troubleshooting data integrity challenges, and gathering requirements around evolving technology processes. This position also offers significant exposure to new technologies in the cloud, distributed data processing methodologies to take your career path where your passion lies.
What You'll Do:
We work on cutting edge technologies, and need someone who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and productive working independently or collaboratively. You will provide ownership and support of our cutting-edge production stream processing data platform through:
- Documentation – Our platform is very self-service so thoughtful well writing customer facing documentation is critical to the success of the team
- Stakeholder management – Owning current and driving future projects with our customers: on-boarding new datasets, training our stakeholders (engineers, analysts, and data scientists)
- Development – Participate in the design and implementation of data pipelines and data models. Assist with troubleshooting issues around data. Assist in development and execution of user acceptance testing to validate system functionality
- Requirements gathering – Ensuring all our critical projects requirements are properly scoped, on target, and delivered to the business
- Stakeholders support – Data pipeline design and data models, diagnose job issues, train customers in core concepts
- Data validation and quality – Lead data quality initiatives around our platform
- A self-starter with a “can do” attitude who can take ownership of projects and drive them to completion
- Is detail and results oriented with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Has a fun personality, interest in startup environments, and the desire to be a part of the next big thing
- Strong communication and excellent writing skills
- 3-5 years experience working as an engineer or data analyst
- Fluent in SQL with 1+ years exposure to a distributed query technology (Hive, Presto, Vertica, etc.)
- Some programming experience ideally in Scala and Java, but we are open to other experience if you’re willing to learn the languages we use and have a desire to continue coding
- Strong plus for candidates with some experience in the Apache Big Data stack i.e. Kafka, Spark, Cassandra
Jet’s mission is to create the best e-commerce experience in the world that can only be backed by cutting edge technology. Our engineers are utilizing world class technologies to perfect a revolutionary pricing engine that will help customers save money on nearly everything. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and sharing knowledge. We believe that the best engineers are the ones who have a willingness to share knowledge, a desire to learn and most importantly, a passion for all things technology. Sound like a fit? Let’s make a date.
You are going to look great in Purple - Join Us!
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents