- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1217418
What you'll do at
The Walmart.com Merchandising Team is looking for individuals who can collaborate and thrive in a dynamic environment, demonstrate and foster innovative thinking, use and learn the latest tools and technology to analyze data and insights at scale, and – above all else – think every day about how to best meet the needs of our customers.
As a Demand Planner, you are responsible for managing inventory, planning and forecasting for high-growth, complex merchandise categories – ensuring that assortment, price and availability are a “win-win” for our customers and Walmart.com. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points – providing financial plans and supporting business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment. As a Merchandise Demand Planner, you will provide expert advice to Planner(s) to align efforts amongst varying perspectives.
You won’t do this alone. You will work with a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale. In addition to bringing the “art” to the “science” of retailing, we’re also counting on you to share your knowledge and expertise with your team and foster a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments for merchandise planning and replenishment
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Maintains and executes financial plans and open-to-buy (OTB) forecasts for Merchandise Department
- Places orders and oversees the placement and validation of orders within high-growth merchandise categories and departments
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports the continuous development and implementation of financial strategies for complex merchandise categories and departments
- 3+ years experience in planning and buying, replenishment, finance or related field required.
•At least 2 year experience in a retail environment preferred.
•Planners should be available to work nights and weekends when necessary to achieve specific deliverables, especially during the November/ December timeframe
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents