Strategy & Business Development Manager, Services
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1209949
What you'll do at
Walmart eCommerce – whose brands include Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Modcloth, Bonobos and others – offers a variety of services to enhance the customer experience. We currently offer financial services (including the Walmart credit card) to expand and enable our customers’ purchasing power, warranty plans to protect their purchases, and in-home services to make it easier for them to start enjoying their products and getting the most out of them. The Strategy & Business Development Manager, Services will be responsible for shaping the Services strategy, identifying and sizing opportunities within new and existing Services categories, implementing opportunities, cultivating relationships to deliver that strategy, and providing overall team operations support to the GM, Services.
- Develop firm grasp of Walmart.com customers: Who they are, what they need, and how they shop.
- Develop expert industry knowledge on all Services verticals and perform analyses on industry landscape: Market size, key and emerging players, consumers, trends, and opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing Services products and introduce new products that will satisfy unmet customer needs, differentiate Walmart.com from other retailers, and create deeply loyal customers with high customer lifetime value.
- Create framework to analyze and assess opportunities based on fit with strategy, impact on customer experience and P&L, required investment and resources, risks, and compatibility with the Walmart eCommerce brand and values.
- Compare and evaluate different means (i.e. build, buy, partner) to implement opportunities and make data-driven implementation recommendations to leadership team.
- Prepare business cases, get stakeholder buy-in, and develop go-to-market plans for new services.
- Establish business development protocols, processes, and best practices, building and maintaining a pipeline of partners and potential M&A targets for each Services vertical.
- Engage potential partner companies of interest and track interactions and progress.
- Drive alignment across multiple cross-functional teams, Walmart stores, and Walmart eCommerce brands to ensure the achievement of business objectives.
- Oversee and improve Services team operations, alignment and processes, as needed.
- 5+ years of relevant strategy and business development experience. Experience at a top-tier management consulting firm a plus.
- BA/BS required; MBA a plus.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills, with the ability and bias to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations and drive actions.
- Demonstrated superlative oral and written communication and presentation skills, with proven ability to influence internal and external stakeholders and manage complex relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically and deliver on targets.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and collaboration skills, with vision, creativity, and passion.
- Must be a scrappy, motivated self-starter with excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated high degree of integrity, ownership, and team approach in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, test & learn environment.
- Passionate about baking customer service into the organization’s culture.
- Passion for eCommerce and for Walmart US eCommerce’s mission.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in financial, in-home services and/or consumer services sectors.
- Experience developing third-party partnerships.
- Experience managing business development pipeline using Salesforce or other leading CRM platforms.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents