Category Manager II-Household
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1206746
What you'll do at
The Category Manager – Household Cleaners & Laundry, is the business owner of an assortment of household products across the suite of Walmart US eCommerce websites – including Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle and more. Your ultimate goal is to oversee a team to expand your business, grow its profitability, and make our sites the most compelling destination online to shop your assortment. This position reports directly to the General Manager for Household & Personal Care.
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
Own the Household Paper & Cleaning Tools category – end to end – across all our ecommerce brands: You will be responsible for the performance of your category across all of Walmart’s Ecommerce brands (Walmart.com, Jet) – and be responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, and pricing.
Develop and manage relationships with top CPG companies: Your suppliers will be among the top CPG companies in the world. You will become become an expert in their products, jointly create promotional campaigns, and empower them to optimize their business on our sites
Managing and inspiring a team of category experts: You will be a part of hiring, managing and inspiring our category experts, some fresh out of college, who will own subcategories within your categories and allow you to deliver an amazing customer experience for every product we sell across all our channels. Your category specialists will be mini-GMs, and you will manage them and ensure they are helping you build our Household & Personal Care experience!
In this position you will:
- Own category financial targets and KPIs (e.g. GMV and margin), and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
- Evolve and elevate the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise and identifying assortment gaps and opportunities
- Optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors and third-party retailers
- Work with planning and supply chain partners to manage owned inventory in your category
- Own vendor relationships, including negotiating product costs and supplier funding
- Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
- Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Collaborate with marketing and creative teams on category messaging
- Manage and inspire a team of category specialists and experts
This is the right position for you:
- If you like owning something and being accountable for its outcomes.
- If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways.
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done.
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward
- If you want to run your own company one day
- 6+ years of proven experience in retail; eCommerce experience preferred
- 4+ years of managerial experience preferred
- Strong analytical skillset; ability to identify relevant data sources and extract insights from data
- Sound commercial acumen; track record of developing and executing strategies aligned to business goals, and taking calculated risks while appropriately managing trade-offs
- Proven track record of establishing and developing business relationships, and in complex negotiations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Our mission on the Household & Personal Care team is to make fulfilling everyday household needs effortless. We want to build a world where busy families no longer take time out of their week to drive to the store, but rather simply speak a request, click a button on their computer, or respond to a text on their phone to have these essentials delivered to their doorstep. We want to save them time and money.
If this mission sounds exciting to you, come join us!
Walmart Ecommerce is changing the way the world shops. Our team of builders, thinkers, risk-takers, and dreamers is pushing the boundaries to create a world-class shopping experience that saves customers every penny possible. To win, we need people like YOU: curious, determined, and outrageously passionate. Sound like a fit? Let’s make a date.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents