Category Manager, Walmart Protection Plans
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1204392
What you'll do at
Walmart eCommerce – whose brands include Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Modcloth, Bonobos and others – offers a variety of valuable services to enhance the customer’s shopping experience. Walmart Protection Plans (WPP) are one of the most successful of these services, giving customers piece of mind in the event of damage or failure of their TV, kitchen blender, or even their new sofa.
The Category Manager, WPP will be responsible for driving the strategy and financial and operational performance of the business, focusing on growth initiatives, new features, assortment planning, pricing strategy, customer experience, partner management and continuous improvement of end-to-end operating and merchandising activities.
- Lead the strategic direction and day-to-day performance of the Walmart Protection Plan for Walmart eCommerce.
- Develop and drive execution of the business growth strategy to deliver on the daily/weekly/monthly/annual financial plan.
- Ensure complete assortment and best-of-breed merchandise presentation.
- Create and innovate new features and customer experiences in partnership with the Product team, WPP vendor partner, Walmart Stores, UX and other internal teams.
- Drive operating and site improvements to ensure a world-class end-to-end customer experience.
- Be the internal advocate for Walmart Production Plans and create partnership to include WPP on various teams’ roadmaps, e.g. Product, Supply Chain, UX, Internal Tools Development, etc.
- Engage consistently with Marketing team, key vendors/partners and external brands to drive promotions and co-op opportunities for the category.
- Monitor competitive/industry dynamics and manage the value proposition to ensure Walmart’s EDLP competitive positioning.
- Focus on customer needs, industry trends, and competitor insights to build and deliver compelling products and services consistent with Walmart mission and principles.
- 5+ years of related retail management, product management and/or operations experience and 2+ years of experience in a consumer-focused, e-commerce environment
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must be motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and people management, P&L operating experience, analytical mindset, partner management and project management skills, and financial acumen with vision, creativity, and passion.
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically, highly skilled at influencing across the organization at all levels as well as ensuring flawless execution.
- Demonstrated high degree of ownership and integrity, attention to detail, excellent communication, and team approach in a fast-paced, fun, hard-working and customer-focused environment.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- MBA a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents