Principal Advanced Analytics Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1203066
What you'll do at
- Leading Analytics to improve technical and quantitative understanding of advertising & merchandising across Walmart digital properties.
- Aggregate Web, Ads, & eCommerce Analytics retrieved through automation via raw data logs and communicate summary to leadership in near real-time environment.
- Make recommendations and help guide product and business decisions based on quantitative analyses and an understanding of yield optimization dynamics and long-term strategy
- Measure effectiveness of recommendations and perform analytical deep-dives to resolve problems or identify opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally with product, product marketing, and engineering on optimization opportunities and insights
- Provide insights with the goal of increasing growth, driving advertiser & user engagement to see beyond the numbers to drive the advertising business
What you'll do:
- Analyze systems or business processes to design solutions (for example, software, hardware)
- Conduct business and technical impact analysis of proposed application changes
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Information Systems Division (ISD)-Applications Development area and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Develop Associate capabilities
- Model compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Participate on team projects
- Participate, create, and deliver communication on application solutions to diverse audiences (for example, management, Customers, suppliers, technical staff)
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions
- Support Information Systems Division (ISD) teams and applications
- 6+ years of quantitative or statistical analysis experience
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field (such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Economics, or Finance)
- Demonstrated problem solving with experience providing business insights from large data sets
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Approve media plans for pricing, packaging, and inventory availability.
- Assist Account Management teams with campaign optimization.
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales on ad product packaging and Sales strategy for direct and programmatic campaigns.
- Help guide and communicate monetization and yield strategy to other internal stakeholders.
- Identify and report on key inventory metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, vLookups, SumIfs, etc.)
- Exceptional collaboration & leadership skills. Comfort working with and managing sizable teams in fast paced environment. Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment
- Experience with data manipulation (e.g., Hive and/or SQL) data visualization (e.g. Domo, Tableau), statistical analysis (R or Python) and Excel skills
- Experience with digital ad serving systems, such as DFP and front-end sales systems such as Salesforce.
- Experience with publisher digital yield tools is a plus.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Looker is a plus.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents