Principal Marketing Science Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1203066
What you'll do at
The Walmart Media Group offers marketers unprecedented opportunities to reach and engage consumers on and off Walmart.com. The Principal Marketing Science Manager is responsible for understanding how Walmart Media Group can best partner to measure and increase the impact of paid media on Walmart ads. In service of this goal, the team conducts research on the Walmart platform, designs custom research to improve the ability to measure value on and off Walmart.com, and helps partners integrate their data sets to augment the quality of their cross-channel planning, creative, and measurement by designing and building connectors into planning and measurement tools.
This role needs a strategic thinker who is comfortable hands-on coding, as well as being the technical face of Walmart Media Group for our biggest advertisers/agency/consulting partners. This role is for people who love to build measurement products & data integrations and work with partners to realize the full potential of such products. You will spend a portion of your time working with product & API teams and writing code for integrations to advertisers and agencies for planning and measurement tools. The other part you will spend working directly with partners consulting on the solutions and helping the implementation, adoption and usage. This is a hybrid role with a high bar for problem solving and API / coding skills.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data science, AdTech, research methods, statistics and back-end data integrations / API programming.
- Conduct in-depth and custom ad effectiveness studies to understand the relative impact of different marketing strategies across digital platforms and across media.
- Oversee data-focused initiatives already in place and being developed, and further drive developments in the quality of these initiatives
- Proactive creation of custom integrations, tools & API connectors driven to show value, insights, or missed opportunities
- Function as a lead Independent Contributor with select agency partners to drive the development of custom research, product integrations and tools/API connectors.
- Assess the validity and rigor of new data sources and approaches in their use toward applied research audience insights.
- Partner with agencies to integrate scalable data solutions.
- Effectively communicate complex research results to general audience.
- Provide feedback to and collaborate with Product, R&D, and Partnership teams to identify opportunities for new features, products and partnerships driving engagement around measurement innovation, including products alphas and beta.
- Educate agencies on Walmart ads measurement and research capabilities.
- Work on White Papers and thought leadership pieces on 'good measurement' within marketing measurement.
- Significant experience in Digital media, specifically dealing with data, analytics and measurement.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, a degree in statistics, economics, behavioral or social science or a related quantitative degree preferred.
- A solid understanding of the advertising industry (especially online) and measurement methods/technologies most commonly used.
- Excellent understanding of online media, social platforms, and related APIs and ad products.
- Client-facing experience, including experience driving change through adoption of new products or research methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate technical content to general audience.
- Direct experience independently scoping and executing research projects from start to finish.
- Able to conduct bespoke analysis and manipulate data sets to understand patterns and provide client insights.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work cross-functionally and influence clients.
- Proven experience working with large data sets, statistical software such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, STATA and hive and /or SQL.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents