Site Merchandising Specialist
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1201357
What you'll do at
As a Site Merchandising Specialist 3, you are responsible for planning and executing a best in class customer experience through effective site merchandising strategies. You will be directly responsible for optimizing the site experience for assigned categories leveraging cross functional partnerships to define priorities, analytics as the voice of the customer and competitive research to understand what is happening in the space. A successful candidate will have passion for product and merchandising, a creative eye balanced with strengths in organization and process. You will need to create business solutions in a fast paced, multi-dimensional environment, collaborating with cross-functional business leaders to drive business objectives and influence strategies.
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Site Merchandising and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans to improve customer experience and conversion for assigned categories.
• Continually Improving and optimizing the site experience driven by passion for delighting our customers
• Knowledge and passion for the competitive landscape and leverages to drive business improvements
• Develops and plans the visual merchandising and seasonal site strategies of departments and campaigns leveraging customer based analytics
• Collaborates with cross-functional business partners in establishing business objectives and goals
• Works well in and fosters an environment of operational excellence and flawless execution to achieve a best in class site experience
• Works with manager to understanding customer feedback, analyze trends and develop insights about buyer group preferences and buying patterns to optimize customer experience and drive category performance.
• Oversees and maintains the visual merchandising presentation to best respond to customer demand and convert visits into sales.
• Monitors site presentation and traffic and modifies visual presentation as necessary based on customer engagement and changing behaviors
• Serves as a partner to category manager, identifying potential enhancements or changes based on knowledge of the category, industry trends and customer behaviors.
• Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Provides direction to creative team
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field and 2 years’ experience in buying marketing, visual merchandising, ecommerce retail operations management, or related field OR 4 years’ experience in buying, financial planning, replenishment management, retail operations management, or related field.
- Ability to quickly learn tools and programs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft excel
- Ability to identify and manage priorities with very little supervision
- Experience leading a cross functional team.
- Program or Project management a plus
- Adobe Photoshop or graphic design program experience
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents