Studio Image Editing Manager
- Location PEDRICKTOWN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1189411
What you'll do at
About the Job
Jet.com is seeking an artist with a passion for food photography, retouching and illustration for our Photo Studio in the greater NYC area.
The Studio Image Editing Manager is responsible for overseeing all studio post production needs including trafficking images to and from image editing firms, digital retouching, illustration, graphics, digital asset management, image upload and QA. The ideal candidate has a strong technical photography/imaging background, with emphasis on digital retouching.
- Digital retouching and tracking of product photography.
- Create original illustration and graphics.
- Deliver finished creative assets for site, app, marketing, or other use as requested.
- Participate in development of retouching guidelines and specifications.
- Primary operational contact with service vendors for outsourced retouching needs.
- Digital asset management and trafficking.
- Work independently and in concert with Jet’s studio, merchandising and creative teams to problem solve for unique items and troubleshoot retouching challenges.
- Execute digital product photography as needed.
- Maintain daily workflow to ensure production requirements are met
- Ensure high level of quality, consistency, and accuracy across all sets.
- Manage, mentor and train Image Editors and Studio Coordinators.
- General studio upkeep, equipment maintenance and organization.
- Supports all studio functions as needed including but not limited to Image Editing, Merchandise, Photography, and Production.
- Bachelor's degree in Photography, illustration or related field with comparable work experience.
- 3+ years digital retouching / image editing
- 1+ year working in ecommerce, catalog or other high-volume photography environment.
- Professional retouching portfolio showcasing both catalog and editorial still life work.
- Strong background in photography a plus.
- Digital Retouching
- Adobe Photoshop
- Capture One Pro a plus
- Color Management
- Mac OS
- Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents