Product Manager, Catalog System
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1176250
What you'll do at
About the Job
As a Product Manager, you will be working on Walmart’s catalog system along with internal tools that support it. Our suite of products use a combination of machine learning, heuristics, and human input to consolidate, group, and serve the hundreds of millions of non-standardized SKUs provided by our retail partners. into Jet’s universal catalog that enables consumer to have a great, consistent shopping experience. You will:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to establish and execute on a shared vision
- Create an actionable product roadmap and prioritize new features
- Gather, define, and translate business requirements into user stories
- Collaborate with UX and engineering, and manage the product development process end-to-end
- Measure the performance of each feature you launch and set key-result metrics for the team
- Communicate with business, engineering, and design, in each of their languages
- Work well cross-functionally to drive engagement and completion of multi-team goals
- Strong analytical and communication skills: able to conduct detailed and thorough analysis and then synthesize issues and recommend solutions
- Proficient in SQL and comfortable working with APIs
- Flexible and resourceful in a fast paced and always changing environment
- Comfortable working on large, complex, unstructured problems
- Detail oriented and happy diving into the weeds to understand root problems and edge cases
- Background in ecommerce, consumer brands, and/or B2B retail platforms
- Experience working with large, complex data sets and machine learning
- BA/BS in Computer Science or similar experience
About the Retail Core Engine Team
As the nucleolus to the Walmart eCommerce shopping experience, the Retail Core Engine is dedicated to solving complex and exciting challenges that will redefine the ecommerce experience and empower shoppers. The Item Management Product team is focused on the setup and management of goods that suppliers want to sell through Walmart. As a member of the Item Management Product team, you will help drive solutions that influence the behavior of our suppliers and customers. Each solution is an opportunity to drive value and design features that affect millions of customers shopping at Walmart. Our agile team collaborates with the engineering and business stakeholders to maintain and nurture roadmaps that define an experience from supplier to customer.
About Walmart US eCommerce
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Moosejaw, VUDU, ModCloth & Bonobos. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. The world's largest retailer is also the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic ecommerce organization. We are creating a seamless experience that lets customers shop anytime and anywhere using online, mobile, social and stores. Walmart’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents