Director, Seasonal Marketing - Omni (Walmart.com)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1171617
What you'll do at
As a Director of Seasonal Marketing (Omni), you will own marketing for Walmart’s Omni-channel brand programs. Focusing on major brand pushes and our marquis seasonal campaigns, the Director of Seasonal will lead a team that creates compelling shopping experiences and breakthrough media programming that puts our unique brand stamp at the forefront of seasonal moments for our customers. This role also plays a critical role in positioning the evolution of marketing our Omni-Channel products and services, driving meaningful touchpoints and innovations that go the distance for our customer.
Challenges you’ll be tackling
• Deliver the eCommerce marketing strategy for mega campaigns such as Holiday and Back to School, creating connected, new-to-market executions in partnership with Marketing, Analytics, Category, Experience/Product, Operations and Supply Chain.
• Act as the voice of the customer and champion of all global acquisition and retention strategies related to major seasonal pushes, ensuring we win high quality, loyal shoppers who love our brand and continue to come back and shop with us all year round.
• Develop and oversee a group of highly talented “mini-CMO’s” strategies and deliver them to site and media touchpoints.
• Own a revenue plan and supporting cross-category media program across paid and unpaid channels, creating strategic media plans that connect to global strategies and business objectives needed to fuel the company’s rapid growth trajectory in the eCommerce space
• Drive a learning agenda to arrive at a deeper understanding of consumer habits (online and offline) through 1st and 3rd party data and research, to effectively and efficiently acquire and retain customers and grow LTV.
How you’ll know it’s right
• If you enjoy the challenge of defining the customer problem and developing your own solutions…
• If you can drive results and solve problems while having fun and being creative …
• If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done and work in a fast-paced, high energy environment…
• If you understand that without risk there is no reward…
• Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
• Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
• Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
• Directs the development of annual plans
• Manages the Walmart brand
• Oversees and directs the development and implementation of large-scale marketing initiatives (for example, on-site merchandising, advertising, store integration)
• Oversees the development and management of key supplier partnerships on new and existing marketing initiatives
• Provides overall direction
• Sets and oversees marketing budgets
• 10+ years in eCommerce and/or direct response/digital marketing for a Consumer brand or service
• Heavy experience owning senior, cross-functional relationships and designing innovative marketing plans from the ground up.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Data oriented marketer with experience creating driver-based customer models in Excel and managing multiple, at times moving business targets such as sales, revenue, retention and inventory positions
• Good creative partnership and collaboration skills.
• Experience partnering on concept development, message testing and experience builds.
• Ability to communicate well with senior creative director talent on strategic messaging platforms and new-to-market concepts
• Creative and collaborative team player who can create a positive, results-oriented work environment with multiple cross-functional stakeholder groups, influencing decisions, and delivering results quickly that facilitate innovation and learning.
• Proven ability to structure and evaluate performance data to understand and analyze performance, optimize plans, drive decisions, and measure impact to the business.
• Digital marketing and campaign briefing/strategy experience a must.
• 3 years of supervisory experience.
• Passion for the Walmart customer and our brand
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, or related field and 6 years of experience in marketing
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• MBA or Masters in related field
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, you’ll be able to access the resources and scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology and nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to catapult ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents