Category Specialist, Home - Entertaining Rooms
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1161996
What you'll do at
The Category Specialist, Home is responsible for ensuring their segment of the Home category has a market-leading assortment, a best-in-class customer experience and excellent financial performance across all of Walmart’s eCommerce brands.
Your goal is to create the ultimate online destination for customers who turn to Jet.com, Walmart.com, and Hayneedle to furnish & decorate their homes.
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
- Own your Category – end to end – across all our ecommerce brands
You will be responsible for the financial performance, assortment, merchandizing and pricing of your category across our portfolio of brands.
- Work cross-functionally to build your brands and enhance the customer experience
You will be working alongside embedded product, merchandising, marketing, and supply chain resources to determine what your category looks like, how products are sourced, found, displayed, and marketed to our customers across the USA.
- Inspire entry-level category specialists
You will play a pivotal role onboarding and training entry level Category Specialists who have recently joined the team.
- Be an expert in all systems and processes required to manage your category
- Own category financial targets, identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
- Learn and understand current industry trends while continually evolving the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise, and close any assortment gaps
- Own and optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors and third-party retailers
- Begin to own vendor relationships autonomously
- Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
- Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Identify shopper experience and product work-flow enhancement opportunities and collaborate with product teams to execute
- Collaborate with marketing teams around category promotions
- Depending on the category and your readiness, you may begin to manage a smaller team of category specialists and experts
How you’ll know it’s right:
- You’re looking to step up and love the thought of taking your experiences to the next level by learning and optimizing a new business in record time
- You’re someone who sets the standard for inclusiveness, collaboration, and intellectual curiosity on your current team, and are looked at by your peers as a key resource
- Resilience and the drive to make an impact is part of your DNA
- You crave accountability for the end to end operations of a Category
- Efficiency, productivity and optimization are hobbies, not theories you learnt in college
- You geek out over nice furniture / mattresses / bedding and can get passionate about our vision of helping every American have access to high quality, stylish home furnishings at great prices
- BA/BS degree, with 2-4 years of relevant professional experience within, but not limited to, e-commerce or retail merchandising, category management, business development and/or strategy at a top tier consulting or investment banking firm
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents