Senior Advanced Analytics Specialist
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1160068
What you'll do at
The Senior Advanced Analytics Specialist is responsible for providing tactical insights to help drive the retail organization’s key KPI’s and initiatives. The ideal candidate will become a thought leader in empowering the retail team’s category managers with data-driven recommendations for boosting assortment performance. He/she will participate in developing and articulating strategic solutions to various teams within the retail and engineering organizations across various e-commerce platforms (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Moosejaw, Shoebuy.com), and ultimately help integrate findings into current business workflows. We are looking for someone who has the passion and ability to recognize opportunities to expand the business and deliver it to our retail partners.
- Heavily involved in data extraction and processing from various data marts in support of assignments
- Designs, develops, and presents strategic recommendations that directly address key business questions
- Participates in brainstorming sessions to identify opportunities and hypotheses for major and minor Analytics projects
- Provides overall and SKU level assessment on assortment health
- Helps implement analyses across all e-commerce sites – Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Moosejaw, Shoebuy.com
- Conducts tracking and measurement of KPIs related to recommendations and socializes to the broader teams
- Contributes to the Retail Analytics team in helping innovate, improve, and standardize processes
- Have basic knowledge of statistics 101 or will to learn
· Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Math, Engineering, Economics or related field; Advanced degree preferred
· 2-4 years’ experience in business and data analytics
· Proficient with SQL (experience in Hive and Teradata utilities preferred)
· Proficiency with multiple analytics tools required; Python or R strongly preferred
· Hands-on experience with BI tools; Tableau preferred
· Ability to explain/present complicated/advanced analytical methodology and results to non-technical audiences
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Must be comfortable in ambiguity and constantly evolving environment
· Thorough understanding of Internet data collection and metrics like conversion rates, click through and bounce rates
· Predictive modeling experience
· Comfortable with Linux systems and automation
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents