Consumer Product Development Manager, Packaging - Private Brands
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1158282
What you'll do at
The Consumer Product Development Manager / Packaging, Private Brands is responsible for ensuring that the entire Uniquely J portfolio is executed from first mechanical through to final artwork. You will work cross functionally with the category management team. Integral to this job function is in depth knowledge of CPG product development from a technical standpoint. You will work with manufacturers, creative agencies, and quality assurance to develop and launch high quality, high value beautiful products that appeal to our target customer.
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
Own your Private Brand Products – end to end – from concept to transaction on the website: Manage all technical processes of packaging, printing, substrate constraints. Come up with creative solutions for all packaging roadblocks.
Work with product and marketing to build your Private Brand Products and enhance the customer experience: You will be working alongside embedded marketing and product resources to determine what your category looks like, found, displayed, and finally, marketed to our millions of customers around the USA!
Managing and inspiring a team of category experts: You will be a part of hiring, managing and inspiring the Uniquely J creative development team.
- Supervise the execution of Uniquely J Packaging from mechanical through to final artwork.
- Manage the workflow and Art Direction put forth by Brand Director, for all SKUs.
- Support the Product Development team leads through management of UJ suppliers re: graphic capabilities, packaging specs, product attributes, and pre-press printer information and collaboration.
- Provide strategic input to brand team and to outside agencies. Work on adaptation to concepts where applicable to illustrate changes in strategy or design direction.
- Create design recommendations for all SKU packaging based on concept strategy, supplier capabilities, printer specs, and dieline/production realities.
- Manage back panel layout process and ensure adherence to UJ Brand Guidelines.
- Collaborate to obtain all final artwork approvals from Product and Brand team leads. Potentially attend press runs and agencies when necessary.
- Design artwork for UJ presentations, guidelines, and brand/package communication to the organization.
How you’ll know it’s right:
- If you like owning something and being accountable for its outcomes…
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done…
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward…
- If you want to run your own company one day…
We think you’d look great in purple.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field
- 5+ years relevant professional experience
- Technical packaging experience
- Ability to build a data-driven strategic business plan with tangible execution steps
- Demonstrated ability to form long-term strategic business relationships, and comfort engaging with senior executives
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously, work independently, and drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of online/offline retail or consumer internet technologies preferred
- Experience in inspiring and managing teams
Jet.com is changing the way the world shops. In Hoboken, NJ—just ten minutes from Manhattan—our team of builders, thinkers, risk-takers, and dreamers is pushing the boundaries to create a world-class shopping experience that saves customers every penny possible. To win, we need people like YOU: curious, determined, and outrageously passionate. Sound like a fit? Let’s make a date.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents