Category Specialist Lead- Functional Rooms
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1147377
What you'll do at
The Category Specialist, Functional Room is responsible for ensuring the Functional category has a market-leading assortment, excellent financial performance and a great shopper experience across all of Walmart’s Ecommerce brands – Walmart.com, Jet.com and Hayneedle (and whatever other brands join our family). Your goal is to create the ultimate online destination for customers who turn to Jet.com, Walmart.com, and Hayneedle first when they are shopping for their office space at home or work.
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
Own your portion of the Functional category – end to end – across all our ecommerce brands: You will be responsible for the performance of your category across all of Walmart’s Ecommerce brands – Jet.com, Walmart.com and Hayneedle, and be responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, and pricing.
Work with product and marketing to build your brands and enhance the customer experience: You will be working alongside embedded marketing and product resources to determine what your category looks like, how products are sourced, found, displayed, and finally, marketed to our millions of customers around the USA!
Inspire entry level category specialists: You will begin to be a part of inspiring and training our category experts fresh out of college.
- Be an expert in all systems and processes required to manage your category, including functionality related to bundles which are a key component of this category
- Own category financial targets (e.g. GMV and margin), and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
- Continually evolve the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise (which may need to be self-taught), and manage any assortment gaps
- Own and optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors and third-party retailers
- Begin to own vendor relationships autonomously
- Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
- Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Identify shopper experience and product work-flow enhancement opportunities and collaborate with product teams to execute
- Collaborate with marketing teams around category promotions
- Depending on the category and your readiness, you may begin to manage a smaller team of category specialists and experts
How you’ll know it’s right:
- If you love helping people create inspiring spaces in their home.
- If you like owning something and being accountable for its outcomes.
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done.
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward.
- If you want to run your own company one day.
- BA/BS degree, with 2-5 years of relevant professional experience within, but not limited to, an e-commerce or retail merchandising, category management, business development and/or strategy capacity at a top tier consulting or investment banking firm
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents