Associate Product Manager, Search
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1135644
What you'll do at
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
The Jet Search team assists in providing the best shopping experience to the Jet consumer. This team is responsible for the performance of Jet's internal search engine. With millions of new & unique searches per month – and growing – we strive to continuously improve search relevancy and the speed in which we return those results by identifying "bad" searches and improving them via manual intervention and feature development. The Associate Product Manager, Search will work closely with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to develop a robust roadmap, QA features, write user stories, manage resources, and prioritization efforts. In addition, the APM will continuously monitor inbound search queries, volumes, and relevancy to suggest & implement tactics we can leverage to improve these "bad" queries.
- Assist Product Managers in roadmap development & prioritization.
- Clearly define user stories that support product vision.
- QA features before deployment.
- Monitor and improve search quality across Jet platforms.
- Ensure accurate search results show up for highly searched keywords.
- Analyze data and website content to reduce number of searches with no relevant results.
- Track and analyze search quality bugs.
- Identify and create query/index override rules as needed.
- Manage lists of synonyms, stop words, and stem exclusions.
- Understand and troubleshoot basic technical issues with search results.
- Make ongoing recommendations to resolve issues in product content, search ranking, node pinpointing, product classification & normalization, and taxonomy.
- Collaborate with technical teams to implement new search and catalog features and correct any defects that are discovered.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis as required.
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Experience with relational databases and/or SQL.
- Experience with and knowledge of Search Platform (like Elasticsearch or Apache Solr) and Natural Language Processing is not required but is a big plus.
- 3+ Years of Experience
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents