Head of Technology
- Location OMAHA, NE
- Career Area Engineering
- Job Function Engineering
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1134600
What you'll do at
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Ready to work with a team of bright minds at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology to build the world’s most customer-centric home shopping experience?
Hayneedle was recently acquired by Walmart and is on a path of exceptional growth. With an entrepreneurial spirit that fosters teamwork and professional development, our business is poised to redefine the way consumers decorate and shop for their home.
This role will report to the President and will be based at Hayneedle HQ in Omaha, Nebraska.
WHAT YOU WILL GET TO DO:
- Lead all technology for Hayneedle including architecture, development, QA, business intelligence, warehouse management systems and infrastructure.
- You will be an integral part of the senior leadership team with responsibility for executing against the company’s strategy and operating plans.
- You will be responsible for organizing a diverse team to drive rapid application development and results-driven experimentation.
- Create and establish a processes to optimize delivery while achieving business goals and motivating high performance standards for quality assurance, and release management.
- Hire and retain exceptional talent, create a positive culture of inclusion, and mentor career development.
- Lead efforts to drive innovation that will help Hayneedle deliver unique value to the customer.
- Own and manage operating and capital expense budgets.
- Partner with all functions across the company to address technology needs and elevate productivity.
WHO YOU ARE:
- University degree (Masters preferred or equivalent solution architecture experience) in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 2+ years executive management experience.
- 10+ years leading technical teams in the development of complex, enterprise-class web implementations.
- Advanced experienced in architecture with preferred experience in Hayneedle’s technology stack: React, Node, Java, mobile, infrastructure, cloud platforms, database and advertising technology.
- Experience leading technology advancement in ecommerce preferred.
- Track record of accurately scoping and maintaining budget and resources on multiple complex technology projects.
- Transparent and productive relationships builder including with peers and collaborate successfully across the organization.
- A leader, team player, positive contributor who can motivate a team, think strategically, and accountably manage the financial aspects of technology.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team of merchandisers, designers, engineers and business folks who care most about getting things done
- Unique chance to work with our family of brands and be part of one of the largest companies in the world.
- Opportunity to participate in the growth stage of a business
Meet Our Family of Brands
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents