Site Merchandising Lead, Fashion
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1114036
What you'll do at
As a Site Merchandising Manager, you are responsible for creating a best in class customer experience through effective site merchandising strategies tailored to our customer. You will be directly responsible for optimizing the site experience for taxonomy, product listing (shelf) and search by leveraging analytics, comp research and industry best practices. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends, synthesize information from multiple touch points and create business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment. Individual will possess a passion for fashion, technology and innovation.
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Site Merchandising and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans to improve customer experience and conversion
• Develops and plans the visual merchandising and seasonal site strategies of departments and campaigns leveraging customer based analytics to drive customer engagement and conversion
• Create and manage site content/email and linking strategies; Provide direction to creative team to develop appropriate layouts and features for site content; Responsible for writing creative briefs
• Partner with the creative team to develop special shop concepts/ideas/gift guides, page layouts, navigation to support category initiatives and strategies
• Identifies and establishes department-, category-, or campaign-level key performance indicators (KPIs), benchmarks, and forecasts; partners with the retail analytics team
• Reviews reports of site traffic and patterns and performs insightful analytics to determine areas for optimization to drive conversion rates
• Influences cross-functional business leaders in establishing business objectives and goals
• Maintains a strong vision for future site improvements driven by passion for delighting our customers
• Tests and evaluate the effectiveness of merchandising strategies; refines as part of continuous improvement process
• Serves as an advisor and partner to category manager, identifying potential enhancements or changes based on knowledge of the category, industry trends and customer behaviors
• Leads team in understanding customer feedback, analyzing trends and developing insights about buyer group preferences and buying patterns to optimize customer experience and drive category performance
• Directs the display of and approves product attributes, images and content, and ensures proper taxonomy and attribution; Understands market best practices for visual merchandise displays and builds plans to reflect first class presentation of products within categories
• Exhibits strong aptitude of competitive landscape and leverages to drive business improvements
• Monitors site presentation and traffic and modifies visual presentation as necessary based on customer changing behaviors
• Provides leadership within Site Merchandising team; mentors and leads site merchandising specialists
• Encourages an environment of operational excellence and flawless execution to achieve a best in class site experience
• Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• 5+ years demonstrated experience managing a team
• Fashion Industry Experience
• 8 -10 years retail experience in site merchandising or marketing
• At least 3 years of experience in consumer-focused e-commerce environment
• Technical background with a strong creative element
• Must have Omniture or other site analytical experience
• Very strong background in merchandising, and a passion for the visual aesthetics for the layout of the site
• Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable making data-driven decisions
• Ability to set clear team objectives and performance measures
• Ability to select and develop a team of future leaders
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
• Assertive, adaptable and demonstrates initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
• Keen attention to details
• Experience with writing creative briefs is a plus
• Having an artistic eye is a plus
• Search and SEO experience
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents