Group Product Manager, Item Platform
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1081485
What you'll do at
About the Retail Core Engine Team
As the nucleolus to the Walmart eCommerce shopping experience, the Retail Core Engine is dedicated to solving complex and exciting challenges that will redefine the ecommerce experience and empower shoppers. As a leader of the item product team, you will define and drive solutions that influence the behavior of our customers. Each solution is an opportunity to drive value and design features that affect millions of customers shopping at Walmart each day. Our agile team collaborates with the engineering and business stakeholders to maintain and nurture roadmaps that define an experience from supplier to customer.
About the Position
In this role, you will solve challenges related to effortlessly listing and perfecting assortment across multiple platforms from all of Walmart’s partners and suppliers. The Group Product Manager of Item Platform will lead product planning and information flow design to build a shopping experience customers will love. The item product team influences how every product and offer is created and sold through Walmart. Subsequently, the quality of item data in the Walmart catalog lives at the center of the eCommerce discoverability and display. You will drive the features that affect this data to promote the best experience that redefines Ecommerce.
Additionally, the leader of this team will also be responsible for helping to re-shape and define the product culture of their team. Simply solving eCommerce problems isn’t enough, we need to push our product team culture to create an environment the propels innovation. This leader will have an opportunity to work across multiple disciplines to create lasting impact on the largest retailer in the world.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of product managers, defining the culture of product management in your team and spreading your influence teams
- Balance technical acumen, user empathy and business insights to build an effective roadmap and vision for our item ecosystem
- Balance multiple priorities and clearly communicate with business stakeholders about deliverables
- Serve as an internal and external evangelist for your product
- Work closely with engineering to ensure headcount aligned with product roadmap priorities
- Design eCommerce solutions that help innovate and drive values for the larger retailer in the World
Who Are You
- You have a passion for product and technology, you understand your stack and communicate with engineers at a very technical level
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
- You are intellectually curious, savvy, and maintain a sense of humor and humility
- You don’t settle for good enough, you strive for great in every aspect of you work
- Culture matters to you, and so does product management. You want to grow those around you and constantly look to improve your own insights and skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field
- 6-10 years’ experience in product management, Ecommerce experience a plus.
- Understanding of GS1, Product Data Standards
- Proven leadership and management experience managing product and engineering teams
About Walmart US eCommerce
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Moosejaw, VUDU, ModCloth & Bonobos. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. The world's largest retailer is also the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic ecommerce organization. We are creating a seamless experience that lets customers shop anytime and anywhere using online, mobile, social and stores. Walmart’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents