Category Specialist Lead- Women's Sleepwear
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1060179
What you'll do at
What You’ll Do
Run an eCommerce Business from Day One
- Be trained in all required skills, tools and systems to own your category through our immersive 12-week training program.
- Be mentored by experienced leaders and industry experts who will advise and help you succeed.
- Be part of a cohort: join a group of best-in-class peers growing and learning alongside you.
Grow Your Category and Deliver an Incredible Shopping Experience
- Have It:Provide the best sleepwear assortment for our customers. Work with vendors to build and create the assortment through branded and private label product. Negotiate pricing and agreements to ensure the best product offering. Then manage and monitor the onboarding and item set up processes to make sure products are available and ready to sell.
- Find It: Ensure customers can easily browse and find the products they want on the site. Improve navigation experience (browse/search) by managing and enhancing product attributes and taxonomy.
- Display It:Attract customers through compelling messaging (product titles and descriptions) and visual merchandising. Manage item and category pages including product imagery, rating reviews, basic and enhanced content.
- Price It:Optimize item and category pricing, providing competitive pricing for our customers. Manage product margins and benchmark competitors.
- Deliver It:Work cross-functionally with the teams from the warehouse, studio, item-setup, etc to ensure customers receive their products quickly and efficiently. Create a cohesive experience between online shopping and the physical product.
- Optimize It: Rinse and repeat. Conduct regular analyses of brand, department, and total category performance, identifying key trends and growth opportunities. Continually evolve the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise, knowledge and insights in fashion trends, and manage any assortment gaps and opportunities. Work with cross functional teams (across marketing, product and supply chain) to execute initiatives to optimize category performance.
How You’ll Work
You own it: Category Specialists are the business owners for a product category. Your job is to blend art with science, combining your creative intuition, analytical skills, and passion for helping our customers to create the best fashion assortment and shopping experience. You will help identify emerging trends and brands and help ensure those are represented on the platform. You will own the category financial targets (e.g. GMV and margin), and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets. You will work with the Category Planner and Category Manager to identify and communicate any risks and opportunities to sales and receipt plans.
You drive it: World-class interpersonal and persuasion skills will be required as you will be collaborating with vendors and coordinating cross-functional teams to make sure we sell what customers want. You will need to start with the customer and work backwards, decoding their needs and journeys. You will need to identify changes in customer purchasing trends and preferences and work to identify new brands or styles to accommodate those changes.
You lead it: Have an idea? Go for it. You will work within a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help test and validate your ideas.
What You Should Have
- BA/BS degree with a strong academic background
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience within e-commerce, retail merchandising or category management
- An interest in the fashion industry and the evolving retail landscape
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- A founder’s mentality and bias to action. Whatever challenge you face, you find a way to solve it
- Strong attention to detail; scrutinize your assortment and polish the customer experience
- Strong communication and team work skills. Nothing big can be accomplished standing-alone in front of a computer
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment. You are a fundamental building block to a growing organization
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Ability to learn quickly; absorbing information and experiences and applying them
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously, work independently, and drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
- Prior retail buying experience
- Ability to build a data-driven strategic business plan with tangible execution steps
- Demonstrated ability to form long-term strategic business relationships, and comfort engaging with senior executives
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of online/offline retail or consumer internet technologies preferred
Travel as needed. Immigration sponsorship will not be available for this position at this time.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents