Director of Product, Category Platform
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Career Area -
- Job Function -
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition GH1008019
What you'll do at
About the position
The Director of Product, Category Platform will be responsible for the build out of an entirely new suite of tools to empower our internal teams and create strategic advantage for the organization. These new tools span all of the core retail capabilities e.g. Have It, Find It, Display It, Price It and Deliver It and also provide our Retail teams with the insights, data and capabilities they need to manage each segment of the business in real time, across all of Walmart’s Ecommerce properties (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos, Shoes.com). As this role owns delivery of solutions to be used by thousands of users across the Retail organization, it is essential that the leader understand the impact of software solutions not just for our internal team members that use the tools but also on how they drive the experience of millions of customers who shop on Walmart’s US-Ecommerce properties.
What you’ll be working on
You will be responsible for leading a Product team comprised of multiple Product Managers, each managing a complex part of the overall Retail tools platform, working in an agile methodology alongside dedicated Design and Engineering teams. Each product team is responsible for a different tooling application and/or platform component, in support of the new workflows and capabilities. These teams must be highly coordinated with numerous other teams and you will need to influence your peers and numerous stakeholders from across the Walmart US Ecommerce organization.
You will also be responsible for championing and validating the vision with executive level partners. Ultimately, this role will impact thousands of internal team members across our Retail organization as they empower customers to have an experience that is best in class across a multitude of devices, product categories and fulfillment options. You will ensure the team develops tools that enable category teams to control their experiences down to the most granular level, while also allowing for management by exception when issues arise.
In this function, you will also guide Product Managers in their personal and professional development.
What you'll do
- Be a key leader within the Retail Core Engine organization, delivering our next generation of internal products, used by over 1,000 team members
- Drive the vision for providing internal users with actionable insights and structured workflows aligned to business-critical outcomes
- Coach and develop the Product Managers on the team
- Work in a close partnership with Engineering to define the roadmap, maintain agility, and navigate delivery through any set of constraints
- Work closely across numerous stakeholders to manage requirements
- Convincingly communicate product vision, solutions and benefits to user groups, partners and stakeholders
- Understand and utilize tool suites to report on the success of product and software solutions
- Build strong cross-functional relationships between engineering and business stakeholders
- Work across Walmart’s US Ecommerce sites; including Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle.com, Shoes.com and others
Who are you
- Proven leader that can inspire a high performing team of 5+ Product Managers, delivering products at Walmart scale
- High level of comfort with analytical approaches and quantitative methods
- Flexible, collaborative approach to problem solving, in which creative and quick thinking can lead to a solution in hours rather than days
- Action oriented, independent, self-starter comfortable working in an unstructured, fast paced environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive products and competing priorities simultaneously with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Comfortable presenting to executives, business and engineering alike
- Well versed in both online and integrated retail environments
- Understand the importance of design and research and how both fit into building new processes and deploying new technologies
- Someone people like working with!
- BA/BS degree, with 6+ years of experience managing product teams and delivering on time product solutions for internal stakeholders
- 2-4 years of experience directly managing and growing team of direct reports
- Familiarity with product/software development methodologies – Agile, SCRUM, etc.
- Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field
- Experience in Ecommerce, Finance or Analytics
- MBA or advanced degree a plus
- Product Management experience deploying a platform technology with a large user base
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents