Manager, Category Analytics
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Job Function Data Analytics
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 997126BR
What you'll do at
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
You’ll help identify problems and areas of improvement in profitability, assortment, pricing, and supply chain among others, as it related to the vertical assigned.
You’ll partner with General Managers and Category leaders to influence business strategy and solve complex problems
You’ll be the SEM of data and tools for your vertical organization.
• Provide business intelligence and reporting for retail, marketing and customer analytics departments
• Detect root causes of changes in metrics and effectively communicate these insights to different audiences
• Identify levers to move key metrics
• Build and automate dashboards and reports
• Conduct in depth research and provide quantitative analysis to evaluate new projects and business opportunities by defining metrics and frameworks
• Collaborate with category owners and leaders to uncover challenges in each line of business and create data driven solutions to them
• Partner with the larger data science and core analytics team to develop solutions to improve internal workflows and tooling
• Mentor and train category specialists and managers to use data and tools to improve their business performance
How you’ll know it’s right:
• If you want to shape the future of e-commerce by working with one of the richest data sets in the world
• If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways…
• If you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies around where the only constant is change…
• We think you’d look great in purple.
• Minimum of 4 years doing advanced quantitative analysis based on large amounts of data
• Minimum of 3 years of SQL, Tableau (or similar BI tools) and Excel
• Self-starter with problem-solving skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related quantitative field.
• Graduate Degree (MBA Preferred)
• Understanding of statistical analysis; experience with packages, such as R, Python, SAS etc.
• Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
• eCommerce experience
"At Walmart, you have the support you need at any given moment no matter the circumstance."
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents