IT Staff Auditor - Global Technology Audit
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Accounting and Finance
- Job Function Audit
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 996991BR
What you'll do at
- What you’ll do at Walmart
This Auditor is responsible for evaluating risks and controls for information technology (IT) infrastructure, security, and engineering processes; determining risk severity and business impact; and developing audit tests of controls. Evaluations are accomplished by conducting internal audit projects to include the communication of observations, risks assessments, recommendations, and conclusions reached, as well as providing consulting services regarding risk and controls on a wide range of retail business and ecommerce IT initiatives. Audit results reflect value-added recommendations, process improvements, objective business assessment and strengthened internal controls.
- Conduct risk-based projects, and review system implementation, applications and other IT-related risk areas, including information gathering from clients, execution and documentation of analysis, and communication of results.
- Define and implement testing layers of computer systems (for example, application, database, operating system, data, infrastructure) for information technology (IT) effectiveness.
- Develop IT audit procedures with innovation and creative thinking using data analytics and automation.
- Analyze and identify IT control points on services-oriented architectures, cloud services, virtualized environments, network technologies, agile software development and information security.
- Evaluate IT components of platforms and applications against internal standards, policies, procedures and IT standards and framework, including identifying symptoms and root cause.
- Performs regulatory compliance test work (for example, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)) by coordinating with process owners to identify and test controls; validating process documentation; analyzing IT and business information to identify improvement opportunities; and working with external auditors to test company’s regulatory compliance controls.
- Provide IT control consulting services to management to assist in redesign efforts that improve the control environment
- Work in cross-functional teams with Walmart technology teams to perform risk assessments and conclude on observations, make practical recommendations and suggest improvements.
- Communicate with and educate process owners on the importance of controls, an effective control environment, and the role of Internal Audit. Conceive and lead ad hoc analyses of financial and IT data to assist other audit functions; develop repeatable methods to ensure a consistent result and help develop an internal knowledge base.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance, or business-related field OR Bachelor s degree in Management Information Systems or other Information Technology-related field.
- 1 year public accounting experience in assurance or internal audit.
- Financial certification or licensure (for example, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)).
- Information systems certification or licensure (for example, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM)).
- Master s degree in Business Administration (MBA), Accounting, Information Technology, or related field.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide variety of departments
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity, manage and coordinate multiple project assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, accepting ownership and accountability of the process and deliver on commitments.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents