Meat Strategy - Director Meat Production
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Merchandising and Online Operations
- Job Function Merchandising and Sourcing
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 993487BR
What you'll do at
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Oversees implementation of the Case-Ready Fresh Meat Specification Program for fresh beef
- Oversees the development, maintenance, assessment, and coordination of the quality inspection program (on-site audits and inbound inspection program)
- Provides insight to management team at fabrication and case ready facilities
- Provides overall direction
- Provides strategic analysis and input in the development and execution of the Walmart beef vertical program strategic objectives, including network optimization of case-ready supplier
- 2 years experience with food quality (for example USDA, FDA).
- 2 years experience working with food safety certified facilities (for example, Safe Quality Food (SQF), British Retail Consortium (BRC), HACCP regulations).
- Bachelor s degree in Animal Science, Agriculture, Food Science or related field AND 5 years experience in manufacturing, food packaging, food science, or related field OR 7 years experience in manufacturing, food packaging, food science, or related field.
- Master s degree in Animal Science, Agriculture, Food Science, or related field.
"We advocate for our customers, provide opportunity to our employees, and support efforts that better the lives of millions of people."
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents