Senior Manager II, Software Engineering
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area Information Technology
- Job Function Information Technology
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 991924BR
What you'll do at
- As a Senior Engineering Manager, you will:
- Work closely with engineering and product leadership to prioritize initiatives to deliver the greatest value to the business.
- Manage software and/or systems engineers and lead engineering projects.
- Effectively handle multiple initiatives and be accountable for delivering multiple releases on schedule with highest quality standards.
- Engage in technical design discussions and also help drive technical architecture.
- Present practical input for strategic technology decisions. Understand complex problems easily and come up with simple, practical, reliable, and maintainable solutions.
- Suggest alternative technical solutions to meet business requirements efficiently with greater reusability and long term vision.
- Support preparation of Technology Roadmaps and provide inputs to Business Roadmaps.
- Help translate business requirements into technical needs and actions.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and use them to solve the business problems effectively.
- Hire top-notch engineers, assigning, directing, and evaluating their work and performance.
- Coach and mentor first-level managers, tech leads and engineers through their career growth
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Build a high-performance team and ensure the happiness and productivity of the team.
- Help to mitigate risk (technical, product, personnel)
- Identify, implement, and communicate best practices, design/coding standards for engineering
- Establish consistent design patterns. Develop large-scale, complex, cross-functional features for the company.
- Supports continuous process improvement and innovation
- Improve technology agility using patterns, Service Oriented Architecture, Micro services, Behavior driven development, Machine learning, CI/CD, every day code push to production etc.
- Drive root cause analysis of critical business and production issues to prevent future occurrences. Review and approve potential solutions. Establish performance standards and conduct regular performance audits and take action.
- Collaborate with QA, other engineering teams, Product, UX and Technical Support teams.
- Work with globally located teams.
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, missions, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Develop and manage budgets in area of responsibility
- Manage independent software contractors and outsourcing partners.
- Act as scrum master for one or more scrum teams
- Build an open, positive and energized culture.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in building complex, highly scalable, high volume middleware environments.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in running engineering teams of 10+ engineers, and coaching, mentoring individuals to grow in their career.
- Experience with web/app containers such as Apache/Tomcat, Jboss or related skill.
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment.
- Experience in distributed/scalable systems. Ability to design high performance applications/services
- Experience in Agile Methodology.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of people with a variety of skills, disciplines, experience, and personalities.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms and data structures.
- Must have a willingness and ability to travel internationally approximately 5% of the time to meet the teams in UK and India.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups.
- Experience in Software Development.
- Experience in cloud-based technologies.
About Walmart Labs
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts