Senior Manager, Machine Learning Scientist
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area Marketing and Customer Insights
- Job Function Marketing
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 983650BR
What you'll do at
•Leverage and organize data model, with marketing data, from various omni-channel sources, including internal platforms, media partners, agencies, store and online transaction data, and other third party sources.
•Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
•Build and leverage tools that allow for democratization and easy consumption and analysis of data across the organization.
•Build AB and Multivariate testing framework to support a robust learning agenda and provide ongoing behavioral feedback to constantly improve performance.
•Implement machine learning and artificial intelligence models to improve conversion rates and campaign effectiveness, and work with engineering to implement algorithm optimization.
•Build funnels to better understand customer behavior and leverage them to improve conversion rates.
•Drive deep customer analysis with focus on predicting and improving customer LTV.
•Drive models that focus on incrementally and profit margin growth.
•Lead segmentation analysis and testing to better serve the customer in more relevant ways.
•Support both MMM and MTA measurement models (Traditional Marketing Mix as well as Multi Touch Attribution), and educate the organization when each should leverage, depending upon business goal and desired insight.
•Lead ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner.
•Create automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
- A Principal Data Scientist is responsible for collaborating with a business segment to determine long-term vision and provide analytical support and guidance. A Principal Data Scientist analyzes large data sets to develop multiple, complex custom models and algorithms to drive innovative business solutions. Principal Data Scientists work on large project teams in order to provide analytical support and guidance to a large project team (for example, email targeting, business optimization, consumer recommendations) within Walmart eCommerce. The algorithms built
- Build learning systems to analyze and filter continuous data flows and offline data analysis.
- Combine data features to determine search models.
- Conduct advanced statistical analysis to determine trends and significant data relationships.
- Develop machine learning models to apply test data algorithms to future data.
- Develop models of current state in order to determine improvements needed.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Interpret data to identify trends to go across future data sets.
- Lead project teams to develop innovative solutions to drive innovative business solutions.
- Lead the implementation of data modeling solutions.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provide guidance to cross-functional leadership regarding data modeling possibilities.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Research new techniques and best practices within the industry.
- Review business strategies to ensure alignment across initiatives.
- Scale new algorithms to large data sets.
- Train algorithms to apply models to new data sets.
- Translate business needs into data modeling initiatives.
- Utilize system tools including (MySQL, Hadoop, Weka, R, Matlab,ILog).
- Validate models and algorithmic techniques.
•5+ years of experience managing engineering projects, including assigning resources, managing priorities and defining measurable milestones.
•Proven experience driving incremental value and repeatable growth through products, services and capabilities directly tied to machine learning techniques and algorithms.
•Great communication skills, with ability to explain complex concepts and techniques in simple terms relevant to the needs of the business.
•Customer-focused: looks at data as a means to better serve the customer.
•Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive.
•Knowledge of the Java programming language, RDBMS, and NoSQL.
•Skills around Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, HBase, Cassandra, Map Reduce.
•Knowledge of J2EE and Web service technologies.
•Expert knowledge of design, implement, and consume RESTful APIs .
•Understand SDLC, use of SCM and continuous integration tools.
•Strong experience in debugging, performance tuning and optimization for scalability and high availability.
•Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
•Experience in front-end web application development. Good scripting and programming skills to integrate solutions within key applications and platforms.
•Experience collaborating with multiple teams in a highly matrixed environment.
•Experience and passion for working in a fast-paced agile environment, delivering functional features in small time durations.
4 years of experience in web design or web analytics.
•4 years of experience using a Business Intelligence (BI) tool (for example, Oracle) to create a report to specifications.
•4 years of experience using exploratory data analysis.
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents