- Location RESTON, VA
- Career Area UX Design
- Job Function User Experience and Design (UX/UI)
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 982603BR
What you'll do at
We need your user experience and user interface (UX/UI) expertise to design apps for a diverse set of employees, from merchants and pharmacists to truck drivers and store employees stocking shelves. You will help the design team to empathize with our associates. The right designer will be able to make an impact on our enterprise applications at scale through new product launches and incremental product improvements.
What you'll do:
• Translate concepts into customer flows, journey maps, and wireframes
• Design and deliver wireframes, mockups, and prototypes for multiple devices and interfaces
• Inspire and bring new ideas to the team through staying in the know of current design trends
• Design for big data and find solutions that to improve the daily lives of our associates
• Participate in design critiques by presenting your work, capturing feedback, and giving constructive feedback on your peer’s work
• Work within WM established design guidelines and collaborate with team members to ensure consistency across designs
• Provide mentorship to less experienced designers
• Understand technical limitations
• Produce handoff ready work for tech team, including producing redlines and capturing assets
• Work with tech team to ensure designs are being implemented correctly and give feedback
• Prepare and present work to team, partners, and leadership
• Apply a user-centered approach to requirements and interdependencies to develop engaging interfaces
• Meet with key business and tech partners to collect requirements
• Collaborate and brainstorm with team to understand, identify, and take on complex business requirements and user needs
• Conduct user research and facilitate interviews and testing to find end user’s issues and needs
• Analyze and interpret your research to inform your designs
Looking for someone who
• Is excited to be part of a fun and close-knit team, always learning and collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive associate centered experience
• Is an excellent teammate
• Has a sense of humor
• Enjoys coffee / breakfast hangouts and team outings
• Wants to be involved in design community within and outside of WM
• Is passionate and creative
- Bachelor s Degree in Engineering, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Design, Writing, or related field OR 4 years experience in web design, user interface design, or related field.
• Familiarity with industry tools such as Sketch, InVision and Zeplin to develop and communicate experiences
• Basic knowledge of Agile development process
• Basic understanding of HTML/CSS
• Basic understanding of Material Design
• Basic understanding of brand guidelines
About Walmart Labs
Hello, D.C. Metro
National landmarks, museums, renowned restaurants—the D.C. Metro is a hub of activity and culture. It’s also a prime location for the future of tech.Discover D.C. Metro
The Lincoln Memorial
"In this temple, as in the hearts of the people for whom he saved the Union, the memory of Abraham Lincoln is enshrined forever."
The National Mall
A symbol of freedom and equality, millions visit the Mall annually to relax, enjoy its beauty, visit its museums and find voice.
Escape for a hike in the great outdoors at Great Falls, where the Potomac River spills over steep, jagged rocks through the picturesque Mather Gorge.
Air and Space
Companion to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum on the Mall, the Udvar-Hazy Center displays thousands of aviation and space artifacts.
Wolf Trap National Park
This 117-acre park is a majestic natural setting for performances, dining and year-round recreational opportunities like hiking and sledding.
Fishing, boating, campgrounds, mini train, carousel, volleyball courts, golf course, disk golf, snack shop, picnic areas, playgrounds and mini-golf!
Reston Town Center
Shopping, dining, ice-skating and events in a beautiful setting in the heart of Reston.
The final resting place for more than 400,000 active duty service members, veterans and their families, honoring their service to our country.
City of Alexandria
Once among the 10 busiest ports in America, the city's historic character still remains; beautiful 18th- and 19th-century buildings line the Old Town.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts