DNS- Senior Designer
- Location BENTONVILLE, AR
- Career Area UX Design
- Job Function User Experience and Design (UX/UI)
- Employment Type Full Time
- Position Type Salary
- Requisition 982599BR
What you'll do at
We need your user experience and user interface (UX/UI) expertise to design apps for a diverse set of employees, from merchants and pharmacists to truck drivers and store employees stocking shelves. You will help the design team to empathize with our associates. The right designer will be able to make an impact on our enterprise applications at scale through new product launches and incremental product improvements.
What you'll do:
• Translate concepts into customer flows, journey maps, and wireframes
• Design and deliver wireframes, mockups, and prototypes for multiple devices and interfaces
• Inspire and bring new ideas to the team through staying in the know of current design trends
• Design for big data and find solutions that to improve the daily lives of our associates
• Participate in design critiques by presenting your work, capturing feedback, and giving constructive feedback on your peer’s work
• Work within WM established design guidelines and collaborate with team members to ensure consistency across designs
• Provide mentorship to less experienced designers
• Understand technical limitations
• Produce handoff ready work for tech team, including producing redlines and capturing assets
• Work with tech team to ensure designs are being implemented correctly and give feedback
• Prepare and present work to team, partners, and leadership
Think conceptually :
• Apply a user-centered approach to requirements and interdependencies to develop engaging interfaces
• Meet with key business and tech partners to collect requirements
• Collaborate and brainstorm with team to understand, identify, and take on complex business requirements and user needs
• Conduct user research and facilitate interviews and testing to find end user’s issues and needs
• Analyze and interpret your research to inform your designs
What you'll do
• Is excited to be part of a fun and close-knit team, always learning and collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive associate centered experience
• Is an excellent teammate
• Has a sense of humor
• Enjoys coffee / breakfast hangouts and team outings
• Wants to be involved in design community within and outside of WM
• Is passionate and creative
- Bachelor's degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Information Science, Design discipline or related field and 4 years of User Experience, design, or interactive design experience OR 8 years of experience with complex interaction design.
• Experience building efficient scalable systems in enterprise applications, eCommerce, SaaS or a related field
• Expertise with industry tools such as Sketch, InVision and Zeplin to develop and communicate experiences
• Experience working in an Agile development process
• Familiarity with HTML/CSS
• Experience working with Material Design
• Experience working within brand guidelines
About Walmart Labs
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum—NWA has something for everyone.Discover NW Arkansas
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas' premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children's museum that's fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil's Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil's Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas' natural beauty.
- come together
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- 100% coverage for in network preventative care
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Plans
- Dental Plans
- Exclusive Discounts