Product Management Graduate Intern - 2018 Summer Associate
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Career Area -
- Job Function Internship
- Employment Type -
- Position Type -
- Requisition 980634BR
What you'll do at
Want to be at the forefront of changing how people shop? The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Meet our family of brands:
Bonobos | Hayneedle | Jet.com | MooseJaw | Modcloth | Parcel
SamsClub.com | Shoes.com | Vudu | Walmart
ABOUT PRODUCT MANAGEMENT MBA INTERNS
The Customer Experience team lives on the front line of e-commerce innovation. This collaborative team, made up of engineering, UX, product management, along with web and technology evangelists, is rapidly iterating new products and site features at scale. We deliver high performing solutions - from our next gen front-end platform (node.js and react.js) to our best-in-class backend payments platform which powers web, mobile and API solutions. Continuous innovation and immediate feedback by billions of customers make this work incredibly exciting!
We are looking for an MBA intern on our Global Products team in Product Management
We have an intern opportunity for a talented and capable individual to work on the following:
• Work with product visionaries as a contributing member of the Global Products team
• Lead the product definition and optimization strategy for portions of the Walmart.com discovery and decision experiences (Includes one or more of the following areas, Home Page, Item Page, Groupings, User Generated Content)
• Partner with world-class technologists to implement innovative technology solutions for the item/groupings page and product solutions that will better support our customers in discovering great products and making their purchase decisions
• Be excited about making an immediate impact on a massive scale
Essential functions of the role and intern project will include the following:
• Research – access internal and external sources to analyze customer data, website metrics, and competitive insights to drive prioritization of the product backlog.
• Assist with developing product requirements and user stories and work with engineering and user experience to deliver the product on time.
• Partner with our business, user Experience and engineering teams throughout the requirements, creative, build and implementation phases to ensure on time execution
• Act as product evangelist
YOUR INTERN PROGRAM EXPERIENCE
Far beyond your specific assignment, the program immerses you in business, allows you to develop cutting edge technology, and shows off your socials skills, all in-between a lot of fun! Over the 10 to 11 week period you connect with executives, learn advanced skills, participate in HackDay, and network at social events. Whether you are playing in the Intern Olympics or going to a Giants game, there is always something going on. With the San Francisco Bay Area as your playground the opportunities both inside and outside of work are endless!
Smart students who are out to change the world!
• Customer-focus and even obsession. The customer comes first at Walmart, always
• Grit to preserver through setbacks and difficulties and still deliver great solutions to the customer
• Pursing an MBA or Masters at a nationally recognized, top-tier program with a focus in general management, marketing, entrepreneurship, finance, or strategy
• 3-5 years of professional work experience in retail, e-commerce, product, and consulting, military or quantitative and strategic roles. That said, candidates with un-orthodox backgrounds are encouraged to apply so if you spent your pre-MBA career leading tours through the Himalayas, do apply
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deal with ambiguity
• Strategic, critical thinking with strong problem-solving skills and common business acumen
• Communication skills with emphasis on influencing senior leaders and leading multiple teams
• Extreme attention to detail
• Understanding of software systems
• Currently enrolled and pursuing an MBA or Masters at an accredited institution with a focus in general management, marketing, entrepreneurship, finance, or strategy
• Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
• Graduating between December 2018 and July 2019
Hello, Silicon Valley
You don’t have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.Discover Silicon Valley
Fioli Gardens, Woodside
View an art exhibit, take a nature hike, explore the historic Filoli House, or take a class at this gorgeous 654–acre property.
Get your art fix at this internationally recognized collection of over 30,000 works of modern and contemporary art.
Computer History Museum
Large-scale exhibits, an acclaimed speaker series, docent-led tours and an award-winning education program bring computer history to life.
Hike or jog throughout the year on terrain dedicated to academic programs, environmental restoration and habitat conservation.
Golden Gate Park, SF
Events, attractions, meadows, lakes, and a Japanese Tea Garden provide for a true escape, without leaving the city.
The Tech Museum
This family-friendly interactive science and technology center in San Jose provides a glimpse into the most inventive place on Earth — Silicon Valley.
Santana Row - San Jose
Stylish boutiques, world-class shopping, and delectable cuisine = a San Jose shopping trifecta.
Pacifica State Beach
Learn to surf or visit the “World’s Most Scenic Taco Bell” at this 0.75 mile long crescent shaped escape, a symbol of successful habitat restoration.
Golden Gate Cemetery
This national cemetery comprises 161 acres dedicated to all the members of the armed forces who served our country.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents